At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is implementing a USAID-funded project, USAID/Z-CHPP, aimed at reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions. Pact has an immediate need for highly competent country citizens to fill the following position
Core Values: Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
- All people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
- Gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
- Resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor
- Diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
- Teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
- Innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scalable results drive strategic priorities
- Gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
- Staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
- A healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers for vendors have receipts, invoices and GRNs (for goods)
- Ensure that all payment vouchers including petty cash are fully supported, approved and stamped for paid and posted before filing.
- Ensure that payment vouchers, liquidations, receipt vouchers and journal vouchers are sequentially filed in box files with table of contents for easy retrieval.
- Ensure that payment vouchers, liquidations, receipt vouchers, journals and time sheets are scanned and filed on the shared drive.
- Reporting and attending any gaps in terms of missing documents
- Any other duties assigned
- ACCA II or bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or any Business-Related Degree
- Knowledge of use of Microsoft word (a must)
- Knowledge of use of Microsoft excel (a must)
- Knowledge of rules and regulations related to Accounting and Finance
- Fluency in English
Skills and Abilities:
- Courteous, willing to learn, able to follow instructions
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and polite
- Good planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must forward their application and CV to this email: