Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
The project seeks to recruit for the following positions:
Reporting to: Forecasting & Quantification Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with procurement officers to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement services for increased availability of lab and other program commodities in country
- Provide timely notifications of expected shipments for each month/quarter to procurement partners to ensure necessary preparations made for incoming commodities
- Monitor supply of commodities that are procured centrally for laboratory, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS national programs using Pipeline software
- Monitor various consumption patterns and take corrective steps on a periodic basis
- Execute team annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available and intended annual and life of project targets set according to Government of Zambia and USG priorities
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with supervisor of record.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Diploma in Biomedical or Medical laboratory sciences, additional qualification in procurement and supply planning will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in supply chain management or program procurement required
- Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
- Strong leadership and motivational ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of Assignment:
The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia.
How to Apply
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and the highest necessary qualifications to this email:
Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.