Nkana Water and Sewerage Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ a suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented professional to fill the position of Director Infrastructure Development. This is a senior management position reporting to the Managing Director.
The job holder shall be a member of the senior management team.
To formulate, coordinate and provide technical direction for the management of short, medium and long term capital investment plans that allow the Company to achieve socio-economic, financial and environmental sustainability that meets service demands in each of the operational areas to the satisfaction of the customers. The Director Infrastructure Development will be responsible for providing leadership and overall strategic direction to ensure efficient and effective planning, design, tendering, supervision and monitoring of water and sewerage capital investment programmes for the Company to achieve its objectives.
- Oversees preparation of Strategic Investment Plans to guide Water and Sanitation infrastructure development plans in the Company
- Oversees preparation of Concept Notes and Priority Project Proposals for funding and subsequent implementation
- Prepares annual plans and budget for Capital investments projects to be undertaken by the Company
- Oversees and reviews project documents such as Terms of Reference and Tender Documents for Consultancy Services and Works Contracts
- Undertakes effective supervision of Engineering Consultant on Design, Tendering and Construction Supervision.
- Ensures effective management of all stakeholders involved in the Project Life Cycle
- Oversees Monitoring and Evaluation during implementation stage of projects
- Prepares periodic project performance reports, reviews relevant project documents such as bidding documents, quarterly progress reports, payment certificates and to lead the involvement of the whole Project team in this process in a timely manner
- Manages staff and implementation of the project on a day-to-day basis, providing leadership to the whole team, and ensures that activities are implemented in line with relevant policies and key stakeholders
- Carries out effective financial control and management at the project level and ensures Implementation of laid out financial and related policies
- Oversees the design and implementation of sanitation interventions programmes in the Low Cost and Peri Urban Areas
- Liaises with relevant local stakeholders on the development and implementation of activities.
- Represents NWSC to the authorities and other stakeholders on project related matters, and participates in coordination fora as appropriate.
- In charge of developing project proposals to obtain funding for areas not covered under the current funding
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five credits Mathematics and English inclusive
- Degree in Civil/Water/Environmental/Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduate qualification in Project Management
- Any other Relevant Post Graduate qualification in Business Management will be an added advantage
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia, (MEIZ)
- Registered Engineer, (REng)
- Must have at least five years’ experience in a senior management position
- Experience in project management of not less than 10 years
- Experience in managing donor funded projects will be an added advantage
- Personal Attributes Required for the Job:
- Self-Starter and highly motivated
- Should be a team player
- Able to beat deadline
- Exercise high emotional intelligence
- Should be capable of working under pressure
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Should owe the Company the duty of skill, care and diligence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who are suitably qualified and experienced for the above position should submit their application letters, detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and addresses of three referees to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration Services Nkana Water and Sewerage Company Mutondo Crescent, Off Freedom Way, Riverside, PO Box 20982, Kitwe.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.