Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) Mass Campaign Coordinator/Program Manager to be based in Lusaka. This is for a 3 months specific task contract. The Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) Mass Campaign Coordinator/Program Manager will be responsible for leading coordination of provincial-level officials and stakeholder in the provinces in which PMI Vector Link is directly supporting the activities of the ITN mass campaign and managing logistical elements the ITN mass campaign at the provincial-level.
- In tandem with the PMI Vector Link Senior ITN Technical Advisor, represent PMI Vector Link on ITN technical coordination committees.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective relationships with malaria and ITN mass campaign stakeholders involved with the
- ITN mass campaign in Zambia.
- Work with national, provincial, and district health authorities and ITN campaign stakeholders, including the NMEC, provincial and district health teams, ITN campaign committees, technical advisors, and provincial and district partners to review and reinforce planning for the ITN mass campaign, harmonized with national plans and adapted to regional context as agreed with stakeholders and with PMI Vector Link and PMI.
- Work with the PMI Vector Link team, the NMEC, and stakeholders to ensure required trainings are conducted and support the planning for the household registration and ITN mass distribution activities.
- Support supervision of the household distribution, mass distribution, and post-campaign activities.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with provincial-level and district-level officials on microplanning and household registration strategies.
- In cooperation with District Coordinators, plan and lead a robust communications campaign, including multimedia engagement, to raise awareness and boost participation in the campaign.
- Travel to provinces as needed to provide oversight of ITN mass campaign household registration, distribution, and data collection phases.
- Engage with other PMI-funded projects to identify and act on opportunities for collaboration
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a relevant graduate degree (MPH, MBA, MSc, etc.) in public health, logistics management, marketing, or business.
- Alternatively, have a diploma with at least 10 years of additional relevant management experience.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant experience working with malaria control programs in Zambia, preferably ITN-related programs; Proven experience managing or implementing ITN campaigns.
- Demonstrated an ability to lead vector control initiatives in Zambia.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including donors, government officials and bodies, other technical experts, other implementing organizations, civil society organizations, community members and organizations, private sector entities, and project support staff.
- Established leader in the field of malaria control in Zambia
- Experience working with diverse donors and donor funded projects, including USAID, PMI, AMF, AMP, Global Fund, GHSC-PSM.
- A strong background in maternal and child health, family planning and reproductive health programming
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in an NGO.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Ability to organize and plan work so that the most critical tasks are addressed first
- Ability to work cooperatively and comfortably with all levels of contacts.
- Ability to interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive and professional
- Capable of remaining composed under pressure
- Must display critical thinking and adaptability
How to Apply
Please email application and CV clearly indicate,”Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) Mass Campaign Coordinator/Program Manager
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.
Please note that this position is subject to approval by the donor