Maamba Collieries Ltd (MCL) is jointly owned by Nava Bharat Singapore Pte. Limited and ZCCM-IH plc. The Company owns and operates a large scale coal mine and a 300 Mega Watt Coal fired Power Plant to cater for the growing demand for Power in Zambia. The Company seeks to employ an experienced and qualified professional to take up the position of-
Reports to: Clinical Officer
Main Purpose of the Job
Provide quality nursing services at the Health facility and outreach programs.
1. Emergency Care:
- Provide initial emergency care of workers injured at work prior to transfer of the injured worker to hospital or the arrival of the emergency services; and
- Assist in the management of injuries on duty.
2. Treatment Service:
- Provide curative and treatment services to the working population;
- Delivering and monitoring of health care treatment services;
- Assist in the management of Occupational Diseases; and
- Establish a nursing diagnosis and formulating appropriate nursing care plans.
3. General Health advice and health assessment:
- Give advice on a wide range of health issues
- Assist and participate during health campaigns; and
- Ensure Health and Hygiene promotion and integration with Employee Assistance Programs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from a reputable Institution.
- Registered with Health Professions Council of Zambia.
- Preferable Two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position; Fresh graduates with on-the-job experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Health systems and databases.
- Experience in providing health care services to both patients and injured employees.
- Knowledge of different first aid techniques; and
- Knowledge of requirements of different health care services.
- Location: Maamba, Southern Province, Zambia
How to Apply
If you think you meet the above qualifications and experience, kindly apply to the undersigned, enclosing your detailed CV, copies of your certificates and citing 3 traceable references, note that only candidates willing to relocate to Maamba should apply.
The Human Resource and Administrative Manager,
Maamba Collieries Ltd, Maamba Mine,
PO BOX 99,
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.