We Effect is a development organization founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organizations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together. We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programs in Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. For more information, see www.weeffect.org We Effect Zambia is looking for a dynamic Project Officer with experience in coordinating projects, especially women’s economic empowerment and gender transformative projects.The Project Officer will be supporting the Project Coordinator in ensuring effective and efficient implementation of the Women Economic Empowerment Project. The project has a strong component of monitoring, evaluation, and learning. The Project Officer will support the monitoring, evaluation and learning for the project. The Project Officer will also assist in ensuring smooth coordination of activities by We Effect and its partner organizations to guarantee compliance with the grant agreement and We Effects policies strategies and quality requirements. The Project Officer will play a key role in ensuring technical support to We Effect’s partner organizations, especially as regard gender transformation, transformative leadership, and business development.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Supporting the development and implementation of project strategy and management;
- Supporting and coordinating the ongoing data collection, collation, and analysis for the baseline, mid-term review and evaluation process
- Supporting the coordination and administration of the project including financial management, partnership agreements, following up on reports, organizing technical training and support for partner organisations
- Representation and communication; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
About The Candidate
- As Project Officer, you are a team player willing to work with a number of different organizations.
- You will b experienced in gender transformative programming and women’s economic empowerment, able to work independently and provide technical assistance to partners.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with partner organizations, staff, and other stakeholders.
- You have excellent organizational, scheduling and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines. As a person, you are positive and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- You share We Effect’s values and vision of a sustainable and just world free from poverty for all.
- Relevant academic degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Business Management, Administration, Agriculture, Economics, or related field
- At least five (5) years’ experience of Programme/Project coordination including, but not limited to Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- At least three years of experience of working in gender mainstreaming/transformative programming in Zambia
- Good knowledge of methods and methodologies for planning, monitoring, and learning
- Knowledge and experience of management of the business, marketing and sales in general and in particular in the agricultural sector
- Experience in organizational development to form viable sustainable organizations in particular in the cooperative sector and with women-led organizations
- Experience of value chain development and inclusion of women in agricultural value chains
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience in agricultural value chains;
- Experience in applying a Human Rights-Based Approach;
- Experience of working on environment, climate change or resilience;
- Proficiency in two or more Zambian local languages.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: