About We Effect
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together. We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. For more information, see www.weeffect.org. We Effect Zambia is looking for a Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation of programmes/projects, especially gender-based and women economic empowerment projects. The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will oversee the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the Women Economic Empowerment Project to ensure quality, effective and efficient implementation of the project. The person will also ensure timely and quality reporting including smooth coordination of the partners in relation to planning, monitoring and evaluation activities. The person will play a key role in ensuring technical support to We Effect’s partner organisations in monitoring and evaluating.
About the Candidate:
As Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, you are mature, experienced in monitoring gender transformative programming, able to work independently and provide technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation to partners. As a person, you are positive with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with partner organisations, staff and other stakeholders. You need to have excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines. You share We Effect’s vision of a sustainable and just world free from poverty for all.
- Provide input into the design and revision of Theory of Change, Logical Framework during the inception phase.
- Facilitate the development of TORs for implementation of all evaluation events, including, but not limited to, baseline and final evaluation activities, special studies and operational research.
- Support the participatory processes for designing planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
- Collaborate with staff and partners to ensure that planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning systems capture and transmit data according to standards, definitions and processes.
- Support the development of project documents and tools, as well as technical manuals or guidance, training materials, and quality improvement and assessment guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Communications Officer, support the development of communication materials tailored to project communication needs for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate and/or perform various activities in support of implementation, including but not limited to planning, monitoring and evaluation, and technological solutions.
- Collect and disseminate M&E related information and resources to We Effect staff and partners and assist with organization, design and coordination of training workshops to support capacity-building efforts.
- Identify new approaches and methods for online learning.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by researching and analysing information, conducting literature reviews, mappings or information gathering from various internal and external sources on assigned topics. Coordinate maintenance of virtual resource and documentation databases.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide relevant, clear, high-quality, and timely onsite technical support and mentoring.
- Support partners in generating quarterly, biannual and annual reports.
- Support annual projects Self-Assessment exercise for the Country Programme.
- Review the quality of data collected to ensure it is in line with set M&E standards
Qualification requirements and experience:
- Relevant academic degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Agriculture, Economics, or other fields related to Monitoring and Evaluation; Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience of programme/project planning, monitoring and evaluation including with an international NGO, but not limited to Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida);
- At least three years’ experience in monitoring gender mainstreaming/transformative projects/programmes in Zambia
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research.
- Proficiency in MS Office application and use of analytical software i.e. STATA /SPSS/ NVivo;
- Documented hands-on practical experience in setting up and managing monitoring and evaluation systems including data quality and fostering organisational learning
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation.
- Experience in applying a Human Rights-Based Approach, agricultural value chains and working on environment, climate change or resilience will be added advantage.
- Registered member with the Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association (ZaMEA) and Certification in M&E would be an added advantage.
- Good relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and the ability to interpret and analyse data
- Coaching/mentoring, training and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Proficiency in two or more Zambian local languages.
Travel required: 30-40%
Apply at the latest 2020-01-17 with your CV which should include three traceable references and a personal letter that describes how you meet the stated qualifications. Applications should be uploaded on impactpool.org; go to https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/ for more information.
This job is open to Zambian nationals. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The employment is up to December 2021 with the possibility of prolongation. The Zambia Conditions of Employment will apply.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and does not discriminate applicants on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: