Mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit http://www.m2m.org.
Organisation Levels: mothers2mothers -> m2m Zambia -> Programmes
Location: Lusaka – Lusaka, ZM (Primary)
Type of position: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 17/1/2020
The project Principal Investigator shall provide overall leadership, strategic vision and direction, program management and oversight, and ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Will serve as principal liaison to USAID and national MoH staff.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead project development and execution project platforms
- Operational and management responsibility for all project functions across all project phases
- Oversee project work plan development, monitoring of project milestones, and project reporting
- Accountable for project milestones and results in line with set service and impact targets
- Manage implementation of project and oversee quality implementation of existing program services. Lead project adaptations and improvements to respond to PEPFAR priorities.
- Lead programmatic aspects of project evaluations and knowledge management in collaboration with M&E Lead and HTS Lead
- Programmatic leadership of quality assurance/quality improvement in collaboration with technical support staff
- Direct and manage use of project resources and finances in line with implementation plans and within approved budgets; ensuring adequate project controls, processes, and procedures to promote compliance and stewardship of resources, working closely with the Business Officer
- Line manage project management team including coaching and mentorship of project teams, building and maintaining a highly effective and motivated team
- Key donor and stakeholder relationship management and development, including representation of m2m in key strategic forums
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in a clinical or public health discipline (medicine, nursing, epidemiology) is preferred.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex HIV and/or public health programs, including supervision of technical staff, preferably in Zambia.
- An additional 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in HIV prevention, family planning/reproductive health or related in Zambia and/or sub-Saharan Africa. Specific experience working with HIV testing and SRH service delivery preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host government agencies, donors, civil society and CBOs.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prior experience managing PEPFAR and/or CDC-funded agreements.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: