mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Organisation Levels: mothers2mothers -> m2m Zambia -> Programmes
Location: Lusaka – Lusaka, ZM (Primary)
Type of position: Fixed Term Contract
Lead expert on all aspects of HIV testing services for the project. S/he will provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches to HIV case finding through targeted testing. S/he will recommend improvements in the delivery of HST and in targeting strategies and engage in mentoring of HIV testing staff
Key Performance Areas:
- Oversee and manage clinical operations at project geolocations for the implementation of scalable, high quality community and facility-based services across the care and treatment cascade for PLHIV.
- Provide technical oversight and capacity building of health facility staff and CHWs to increase HIV Testing, access to treatment, viral load testing and voluntary assisted partner notification.
- Lead design and implementation of clinical programme and non-clinical support activities for m2m Zambia, to increase access to and provision of quality health services for PLHIV.
- Develop a detailed implementation and activity programme plan, including program targets.
- Ensure programme activities are evidence-based and reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices for provision of HIV and AIDS, care, and treatment.
- Collaborate with the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure that data informs programme implementation.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of technical staff at national office and serve as a technical advisor to field level counterparts
- Document programme activities and results and contribute to technical deliverables generated by the project as required by CDC and the Ministry of Health
- Ensure target achievement through routine data monitoring and course-correction, as identified through quality improvement initiatives.
- Identify areas where additional technical support may be required and coordinate the provision of short-term technical assistance for the project.
- Leads the implementation of a QI strategy to achieve the 95-95-95 targets at service delivery levels, both at facility and community level.
- Trains m2m and partner staff in QI tools and application.
- Designs/adapts QI training material, tools and job-aids.
Qualification and Experience:
- Medical degree preferred; nursing degree with clinical experience considered as an alternative. Master’s degree in health management, public health or related discipline also highly desired, Bachelor’s required.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience with international health and HIV/AIDS programs, inclusive of at least 3 to 5 years in a technical leadership role in resource challenged settings.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with large-scale community-based HIV testing programs in Zambia and/or ESA region.
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art expertise in HIV testing approaches in high prevalence settings, including in active index testing and HIVST.
- Prior experience with capacity building and clinical training of health personnel for improved service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: