Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision in the Operations Division under the Information Technology Department, to be based at the Data Centre.
The IT Security Operations Center (SOC) Assistant Coordinator will be part of the IT team dealing with incidents, monitoring infiltration attempts, analyzing logs looking for patterns to ensure infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner.
Under the supervision of the IT Security Head, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Monitor and analyze data flow to identify and block malicious behaviour and activities
- Troubleshoot platform and customer integration issues
- Identify risk areas that will require vulnerability prevention
- Provide updates and identify threats to the organization
- Assist with containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident
- Work closely with other teams to support the incident management process
- Document all actions taken as part of incident investigation
- Continuously improve processes through automation and creation of tools
- Assist with triage of service requests from customers and internal teams
- Escalate cyber security events according to Target’s Cyber Security Incident Response Plan
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
External: All Zanaco IT Security Service providers
Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in IT/ Computer Science or a related field preferred, equivalent work experience in a related field also considered
- At least two (2) years’ experience in IT
- Understanding of IT operations: help desk, end-point management, and server management
- Experience configuring and implementing technical security solutions, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Experience monitoring and analyzing network traffic, host-based security appliance logs and IDS alerts is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of security incident handling processes
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- Working HTTP/HTTPS, UNIX/Linux knowledge
- Basic WAF understanding
- Understand the applicability of software vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10 threats
Job Core Competencies
- Verbal and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking & Problem Solving
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to the email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.