Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia. Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the GES
Core Purpose of The Position
This position is responsible for planning, organising, coordinating and communicating the daily Instrumentation activities required to be completed by tradesmen engaged in the maintenance and repair of equipment and installations.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Assign, supervise and inspect Instrumentation maintenance to ensure that it is done efficiently and in accordance with the applicable regulations and codes.
- Communicate with key personnel to plan, coordinate and assign maintenance tasks to the team.
- Diagnose equipment failures and schedule repairs based on production priorities and available manpower
- Utilize an established work order system to plan and organize daily workload and assign personnel to maximize both manpower and facilities and ensure highest possible availability of equipment
- Mentor and train production crew operators on plant equipment
- Communicate with equipment suppliers in order to recommend updating or replacement of equipment as it becomes obsolete
- Ensure onsite interns are properly trained and oriented to perform their duties
- Promote teamwork at all levels of the operation through the communication of effective maintenance management systems and programs
- Adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives
- Ensure that the provisions of the Mining and Environmental Regulations are observed and enforced.
- Perform related work as required
- Take precautions and preventive measures to ensure a safe work environment
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of related work experience
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Qualified in Instrumentation (Certified Craft/Technician/Technologist or equivalent)
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Registered with Engineering Registration Board (ERB) Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interacting effectively with all types of people
- Strong management, planning and training skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft word and Excel
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.