Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia. Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This Position reports to the Superintendent – Geology
Core Purpose of The Position
- The Resource geologist will carry out resource geology related functions at Lubambe Copper Mine as outlined in the Key performance areas below.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- The resource geologist will assist the Superintendent-Geology in management and updates of LOM model updates and short-term geological planning.
The resource geologist shall be responsible for:
- Implementation of standard and best pre-estimation procedures and checks.
- Acquire database entry validation and exports.
- Generation and update of pseudo holes using datamine StudioRM
- Diligently run LOM wireframe and geological model updates for both long-term and short-term.
- Data influx dependent grade control wireframe and model updates leading to grade estimates for 3-month planning purposes and forecast.
- Data provenance and QA/QC.
- Documenting LOM model updates and reporting
- Monthly and quarterly LOM vs grade control model reconciliation, analysis and reporting.
- Provision of short-term and long-term resource/ grade control model grades to mine planning
- Pre-development economic evaluation, analysis and provision of economic cut lines
- Weekly and monthly stope reconciliation and reporting
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree or Qualification in Geology obtained from a recognised institution.
- Minimum 5 years working experience preferably under Senior role under resource geology.
- Very sound knowledge of 3D geological modelling, estimation and evaluation.
- Should be very proficient and efficient in Datamine StudioRM and Acquire.
- Good working knowledge of Acquire geological database – a must.
- A good knowledge in the use of Microsoft software packages excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working with very minimal supervision.
- Should be of a very sober character.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.