Mimbula Minerals Ltd is a new Zambian copper mining open pit company in its first Phase of operations and owned by Moxico Resources Ltd of UK. It is located in Chingola town 12 Km from Chingola CBD. During its first phase of the operations, the mine will have a production capacity of 15,000 tonnes of copper annually and expected to increase to 40,000 tonnes in the second phase.
Moxico Resources Ltd has invested about USD $40 million into the mine and expects to create between 600 and 800 direct and more than 1,000 indirect jobs under the first phase. The second phase would take up production capacity to 40,000 tonnes of copper annually with an estimated investment of USD $120 million.
Mimbula Minerals Ltd now seeks to employ experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
He/She will report to the General Manager and be responsible for all aspects of implementing health and safety plan to meet regulatory requirements and drive the organization towards an interdependent safety culture, in consultation with Operations to ensure prevention of accidents at the mine site and ensure the health and safety of employees, the general public and property as well as that of environmental protection.
Main Job Purpose:
- Assist all departments in conducting risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimate the risks affecting the organization.
- Planning, designing and implementing overall risk management process
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Assist departments in conducting risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimate the risks affecting the company
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Managing the company’s health and safety management system
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Managing the company’s occupational health and Hygiene requirements
- Manage Injury logs and reports, workers compensation and industrial health programs
- Conducting periodic audits to determine compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements and complete reporting, as required
- Reviews and approves all subcontractors safety plans
- Makes sure that every section conducts toolbox safety meetings
- Must be able and willing to respond to employee’s safety concerns
- Regularly inspect the mine site to ensure it is a hazard free environment
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
Main Job Requirements:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate and valid First Aid certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with relevant experience in either Mining or Safety Health and Environment or Occupational, Health & Safety or courses in risk management with a bias to mining
- Demonstrable experience in compiling standards, procedures, policies and reports as per the requirements of the safety management system
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of which 2 years should be in an open cast mining operations
- Member of Zambia Occupational Health and Safety Association (ZOHSA) will be an added advantage
- Holder of Zambian driver’s licence
- A valid Occupational Health and Safety practicing licence
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the above minimum requirements should apply by stating the position they are applying for in the subject line as advertised to the email below: Submitted after this date will not be considered. Applicant must be willing to undergo police clearance checks, competency and reference checks.
Please be aware of fraudsters masquerading as recruitment agents for Mimbula /Moxico Resources Ltd. Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution and should be reported immediately.