Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia. Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the Instrumentation Foreman – Process Plant
Core Purpose of the Position
- To work with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer devices used to measure and control pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force, and chemical composition.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Assist operations, maintenance, and metallurgical groups by understanding, troubleshooting, problem solving, and optimizing instruments, equipment, and systems.
- To be able to Install and Maintain plant instruments.
- To be able to respond to plant breakdowns and troubleshoot within a shortest possible time.
- Able to pull, run and terminate instrumentation cables.
- Able to install pneumatic tubing and fitting without any air leak.
- Perform calibration on various instruments on the plant.
- Able to work on remote input and output terminal units on the plant.
- Utilize test equipment, Electronic/Electrical theory, computer loops, and mechanical theory to calibrate instruments
- Apply knowledge of the following equipment: PLC, Controllers, Analytical instrumentation.
- Read advanced P&ID’s, loop diagrams, and schematics.
- Comply with statutory safety health and Environment regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in mining industry a must
- Grade twelve with five O levels which must include English.
- Qualified in instrumentation (certified Craft / Technician or equivalent)
- Member if EIZ
- Registered with ERB
- Ability to read and interpret PID drawings, electrical drawings and hydraulic drawings a must
- Good communication and reading skills
- Good team player and able to coordinate work with others
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- Ability and desire to keep up-to-date with technological developments in the field
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.