UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. Children deserve the best and we never give up.
For every child, EQUITY
the UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/.
How can you make a difference?
- Join our dynamic team to work with the Chief Social Policy & Research to work on providing technical support to the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all stages of social policy programing and related advocacy from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of concrete and sustainable results.
- Your contribution will include improving (a) public policies to reduce child poverty; (b) social protection coverage and impact on children; (c) the transparency, adequacy, equity and efficiency of child-focused public investments and financial management; and (d) governance, decentralization and accountability measures to increase public participation and the quality, equity and coverage of social services.
- This encompasses both direct programme work with government and civil society partners as well as linkages and support to teams working on education, health, child protection, water and sanitation, and HIV.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Improving data on child poverty & vulnerability for increased use for policy and programme action
- Strengthening social protection coverage and impact for children
- Improving use of public financial resources for children
- Strengthening capacity of local governments to plan, budget, consult on and monitor child-focused social services.
- Strengthened advocacy and partnerships for child-sensitive social policy
- UNICEF Programme Management
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required:
- Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Direct experience in working on social cash transfers programmes is required.
- Familiarity with social protection systems development is required.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency programming is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is considered as an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication
- Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Planning & Organizing
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: