Zanaco Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following jobs aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Corporate & Investment Banking Department in the Mid-Corporates Section situated at Head Office: –
Coordinate the sales efforts for liabilities & assets; extensively market low cost liabilities and identify suitable assets for on-boarding. Collaborate with Transactional Banking staff to ensure proposals and tenders have input and are submitted timely. To ensure and track implementation of solutions with product teams – Transactional Banking, Treasury etc. within the agreed turnaround time. To maximise revenue from the relationships across the portfolio by cross selling products and solutions that increase wallet share as well as track action points contained in call reports to their logical conclusion.
Under the supervision of the Head Mid-Corporates the following are among the job key responsibilities: –
- Originate, maintain and develop relationships in Mid-Corporates market and or more in the specifically defined portfolio
- Manage a Mid-Corporates loan book within parameters provided by Risk Management
- Negotiate terms and conditions and prepare information pack for Corporate Credit to prepare credit applications for new and renewal of loan facilities for Mid-Corporates clients
- Proactively Initiate all credit proposals and obtain appropriate approvals
- Coordinate post approval actions of credit facilities for the Unit
- Present and defend Mid-Corporates credit applications in the Credit Committee
- Prepare Call Planning, Call Reports & Tracking Templates and update the “deal pipeline”
- Complete the wallet size for clients timely & appropriate file all client calls, client communications, internal memos, credit papers on the assigned portfolio.
- Timely initiate all credit processes (extensions, excesses full briefs, annual reviews)
- Cross Sell Trade, Treasury & Transactional Banking products and refer potential clients of the Bank for SMEs, Agric and Retail
- Assist Head Mid-Corporates with product knowledge and market research (Desk top)
- Coordinate and provide input to GLC & credit processes and create bank proposals and track to make certain of their timely delivery
- Track and coordinate the implementation of transaction banking solutions to customers
- Act as a principal point of contact in the absence of Head Mid-Corporates
- Introduce new business to Head Mid-Corporates
- Assist the Head Mid-Corporates’ business development activities, business planning, customer acquisition and strategy, business research and marketing
- Collate all action points raised in call reports and track and drive each action to its conclusion
- Assist in the communication and implementation of any action necessary to improve service in respect of complaints and compliments received
- Jointly work with Corporate Credit & Risk on credit issues with a view of implementing the Zanaco credit processes
- Identification and onboarding of new customers
- Incremental business and/or new solutions to existing customers
- Development and implementation of the sales strategy
- Assists in coordinating the implementation of Mid-Corporates customers
- Ensuring that there is no income leakage in the unit.
- External: Existing/prospective customers.
- Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- University Degree in relevant subject or equivalent.
- Professional Diploma in Banking and Finance is an added advantage
- At least five (5) years banking experience
- Fluency in Mandarin is an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank products and services and credit processes
- Basic understanding and interpretation of financial statements
- Knowledge of the Bank’s account opening process
- Detailed knowledge of the business environment and the market dynamics including the rules and regulations that govern the Bank’s business in Zambia.
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking code.
- Understanding of customer service policies and processes
- Demonstrated complaint handling and resolution skills
Job Core Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent social/interpersonal skills
- Delighting customers
- Persuading and selling
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Team work
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to the email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment.