Cities and Infrastructure for Growth (CIGZambia) is a facility that provides high-quality independent technical advice and assistance to Zambian government bodies and private sector organisations engaged in projects /programmes that help harness the potential of Zambia’s cities and towns to act as drivers for economic growth and job creation. CIGZambia is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
The overall programme objectives are:
- Increasing urban productivity
- Improving inclusive access to urban economic infrastructure services
- Increasing investment into urban economic infrastructure services
- enhancing national and regional integration between cities
- Talented, committed and responsible people from diverse backgrounds are essential for us to fulfil our purpose of reimagining Zambia. We strive to unleash the power of our people and we cultivate an organisational culture that is inspired, curious and empowered.
- Bioenergy definition: We define bioenergy as a source of energy derived from farmland, forest, manure and municipality waste or energy crops for electricity, heat or transport.
- We are seeking a Graphic Designer for the bioenergy team.
- The biggest benefits of this role are, having to contribute to shaping the potential bioenergy market in Zambia by defining the scope and potential for growth in this sector.
- You are multi-skilled to visualise information and data effectively with the use of infographics, shapes, as well as the creation of easy to understand charts, graphs and diagrams. You can provide high quality, real-time assistance in support of client projects. Quality and brand consistency are key elements along with timely delivery.
- The biggest challenge of this role will be multitasking and completing documents to adhere to international “client-ready” levels.
- The current team around this role is made up of a bioenergy feedstock experts, strategic planning & business development, project funding, household/medium/large bioenergy experts, demand expert, gender/social/climate change experts, government procedures expert, monitoring & evaluation and behavioural change communication expert. The team, in general, describes themselves as passionate, adaptable and ultimately, capable.
- About the Role – Main purpose and scope of work:
- The main role of the creative Graphic Designer in the Bioenergy Program team with up-to-date knowledge to interpret our business needs and to design solutions with high visual impact.
- The Graphic Designer will work on a variety of materials using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, including business presentations, proposals, reports, brochures, flyers, templates etc. The Designer will be working along with our in-house our program support team.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Design and enhance the standard of CIG Zambia Bioenergy documents using corporate branding and guideline.
- These includes proposals, business presentations, reports and other materials in PowerPoint and Word.
- Design a wide range of elements for business presentations including illustrations, graphs, infographics, charts, layouts and other artwork as needed.
- Develop variety of PowerPoint templates for client, in-house, and new business projects.
- Develop new design as per business requirements and provide innovative ideas to enhance their print and digital communication in PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Create/Format/Edit client specific templates in Word and PowerPoint.
Required Qualifications / Minimum Requirements:
- The applicant must be Zambian national
- Graduate with 3-4 years of experience working with PowerPoint, Word and Adobe suite.
- 2 years work experience as a Graphic Designer
- Worked for 2 organisations (2 years’ experience with each).
- Working knowledge of MS Excel Formulas.
- Working knowledge of MS Word Styles.
- Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint Shape Formatting
- Must have a strong presentation design portfolio demonstrating expert level in PowerPoint including use of multiple slide masters, layout, colour themes, typography and animations.
- Experience in working with Adobe will be added advantage (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Good understanding of corporate branding and designing within an organization is required and the importance of consistent corporate identity, visualization and better aesthetic sense.
- Ability and desire to work in a corporate setting
- Ability to identify and initiate improvements to the design where necessary.
- Ability to develop a proactive approach for problem solving and delivering business solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, Bemba and Njanya.
Key Qualifications (skills & experience):
- International exposure
- Time management
- Problem solving skills
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Work schedule
- Work environment
- BSc/MSc degree
- International experience in the field of bioenergy
- Experience with range of visualisation software.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to the email below: For CV to be considered, subject line in email must be completed as follows:
Job Title – Candidate: Last Name First Name. Highest Degree, years of work experience in highest degree. In 3 words why you apply.
Example: Bioenergy Manager – Candidate: John Phiri. MSc Environmental Science, 10.0 years. I live bioenergy.
Non-Discrimination Claim: We do not and shall not discriminate based on race, colour, faith, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.