Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
- We are looking for someone to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director.
- As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal projects.
- You would work very closely with him on those priorities to help move forward One Acre Fund’s overall strategy.
The role has three main parts:
- Executive-level, strategic communications: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Fund’s success.
- You will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences.
- Work with our Executive Director to write the concept note for a new strategic initiative to share with important donors.
- Draft an annual strategy letter to set vision and guidance for internal staff.
One-off, fast analyses and tasks:
- These are analyses and tasks of one week or shorter duration, typically exploring a new strategic direction.
- Write a memo summarizing the market opportunities for sorghum and millet in East Africa.
- Recommend a methodology to use Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) to make fair impact comparisons across countries of differing wealth.
One Acre Fund-wide initiatives:
- As we become more complex, there are an increasing number of projects that do not fall cleanly into an existing department.
- You will move forward essential projects across multiple departments.
- Build an organization-wide initiative to increase the number of job candidates referred by our staff – to satisfy the hiring needs of a fast-growing organization.
- Currently, we are planning for the Office of the CEO to include 1-2 analysts, 1-2 managers, and a director.
- We are excited about the possibility for this expansion to support professional development opportunities, team support, and an ability to specialize.
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- Analysts will report to Managers in the Office of the CEO, with frequent interaction with the CEO.
- We are looking for professionals with 2 or more years of work experience. This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional written communicator. You can engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
- Research ability.
- You have experience conducting powerful secondary research.
- Strong work experiences, such as consulting (or similar skill set).
- Professional/technical skills, including high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Leadership experiences.
- We are looking for leaders who bring good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Language: English required.
Preferred start date:
- Kigali, Rwanda preferred; other East Africa capital cities possible for candidates with existing passport/work authorization in that location
- Commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor international candidates:
Yes, for Kigali Rwanda.
Must have existing rights to work in Kenya to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: