The Financial Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of financial reports, compliance with accounting standards and FINCA Subsidiary’s accounting policies and procedures. As a senior staff in the department s/he will work with regional offices to improve the quality of financial records and ensuring compliance with Central Bank and statutory requirements.
I. Manage the company statutory obligations by withholding the tax, compiling and remitting PAYE, NSSF / NAPSA/ and tax returns in line with Accounting policies and procedures.
- Compile PAYE, NSSF returns by the 15th day of each month.
- Withhold tax returns by the 15th day of each month.
- Corporation Tax before the end of the fourth month following the financial year-end.
- VAT as required by the VAT statute.
II. Manage the accounts and general ledger by reconciliation of the payroll, portfolio and savings audit schedules with the general ledger:
- Prepare portfolio audit schedules and reconcile with the GL.
- Prepare savings audit schedules and reconcile with GL.
- Prepare the payroll schedule and reconcile with the GL.
- Prepare unapplied savings and the loans schedule.
- Prepare accounts receivables aging schedule.
- Prepare the accounts payables aging schedule.
- Prepare the all balance sheet schedules.
III. Manage the Management information system (MIS) – data by tracking and following up the validation issues:
- Track and follow up validation issues.
- Review and consolidate loan agreements reports.
- Initiate payment of insurance premium and follow up outstanding issues.
- Monitor unapplied savings/loan deposits and follow up with the clearance with the regions.
- Identify and follow up with double loans for all regions.
IV. Review the Head-office transactions in line with accounting policies and procedures:
- Reconcile the CATS transfer documents.
- Cross check the journal entries and ensure that the accounts assistant makes adjustments.
- Ensure that vouchers are raised for the internal and external payment vouchers.
V. Manage the bank reconciliation by preparing bank reports in line with accounting policies and procedures:
- Review all final bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly bank reports.
VI. Management of Fixed Assets:
- Update regularly the Fixed Asset register with acquisitions and disposal of assets.
- Prepare the monthly depreciation schedule.
- Verify the procurement of all fixed assets.
VII. Regulatory Reporting:
- Preparation of statutory reports; weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and year end
- A university degree preferably in commerce and accounting (B.Com) or Banking & Finance. Certified in ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- 4 years of experience in accounting role
- Proven experience in preparing Central Bank Prudential Returns
- Proven experience working within a Financial Institution
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: