The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) was set up by the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 as a statutory body responsible for Medicines and Allied Substances regulation in Zambia.
The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant positions at the Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority Secretariat:
To carry out maintenance and service of laboratory instruments and equipment; and to perform operational and performance qualifications where required in order to ensure their usability, serviceability and traceability to international measuring standards
Person specifications and Qualifications:
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate
- BSc Degree in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering or other related professional qualification relevant to the job; with 5 years’ experience in Laboratory related instruments and service and maintenance; or, Diploma in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering or other related professional qualification relevant to the job; with 8 years’ experience in Laboratory related instruments and service and maintenance
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Computer literate skills (Microsoft Office programs –Word, Excel and power point)
- Familiar with WHO GPPCL guidelines and ISO/IEC 17025
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- Certification in laboratory instruments and equipment service and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Ability to critically analyse, interpret scientific periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and regulations and
- Must be a Zambian citizen not less than 30 years old.
Duties and responsibilities
- To undertake effectively, routine, preventative and corrective maintenance of test apparatus, measuring and peripheral Laboratory equipment in order to ensure usability and serviceability
- To carry out accurately, in-house performance and operation qualification of laboratory apparatus and equipment in order to ensure their conformity to set standards
- To undertake accurately, calibration of laboratory instruments where required in order to ensure their traceability to international measuring standards
- To undertake accurately, troubleshooting and other investigations in order to detect and establish causes, errors and defects in the laboratory instruments and other equipment
- To carry out basic service and maintenance; and replacement of serviceable parts of
- Laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Ensure effective maintenance of records for repair of equipment in order to facilitate
- processing, reporting and decision making
- To manage instruments and equipment maintenance and service schedules.
- To ensure instruments and equipment usability for smooth running of laboratory operations.
- Preparing and producing periodic reports on the operations of the unit for management’s decision making.
- Participating in the development and review of instruments and equipment management quality procedures to ensure compliance and efficiency in operations.
- Provides inputs to the annual budget preparation and procurement planning for all repair/replacement stock items to meet the focused annual operations of the laboratory.
- To carry out any other related duties that may be allocated by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes e-mail, telephone / cell phone numbers and certified copies of original Academic and Professional certificates with three (03) traceable references to:-
The Director General Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority Plot No.6903 Tuleteka Road, Off Makishi Road,
PO Box 31890,
Envelopes should be appropriately marked for the position applied for.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.