The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) was set up by the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 as a statutory body responsible for Medicines and Allied Substances regulation in Zambia.
The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant positions at the Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority Secretariat:
To undertake the carrying out of tests in microbiology in order to verify compliance to product specifications.
Person specifications and Qualifications
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate
- BSc Degree in Microbiology or other related professional qualification relevant to the job
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Microbiology laboratory
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Computer literate skills (Microsoft Office programs –Word, Excel and power point)
- Proficient in laboratory techniques on a wide variety of instrumentation including, UV, Incubators, Autoclaves, Microscopes, Laminar Air Flow, Water Baths, pH Meters etc
- Ability to write reports, validation protocols and standard operation procedures
- Ability to assemble, prepare and present scientific data with clarity and accuracy
- Knowledge of microbiological methods of analyses, Maintenance and Sub-culturing of Biological Control Cultures
- Ability to carry out microbiology testing on pharmaceutical products or similar substances
- Ability to carry out Bioload checks in Microbiology cleanrooms
- Familiar with WHO GPPML guidelines and ISO/EC 17025
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- Must be a Zambian citizen not less than 30 years old.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To undertake effectively, the carrying out of varied and specialized microbiological analysis on all medicines and allied substances, in order to verify compliance to product specification;
- To carry out effectively, validation tests in order to facilitate research and development;
- To undertake effectively, the compilation, collation and data entry in order to facilitate preparation of Laboratory analytical reports
- To ensure timely development of individual work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance of the section
- Preparing and submission of individual operational reports
- Participating in drafting and review of section quality procedures to ensure compliance to GMP and other relevant and related standards.
- To carry out any other related duties that may be allocated by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes e-mail, telephone / cell phone numbers and certified copies of original Academic and Professional certificates with three (03) traceable references to:-
The Director General Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority Plot No.6903 Tuleteka Road, Off Makishi Road,
PO Box 31890,
Envelopes should be appropriately marked for the position applied for.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.