The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) was set up by the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 as a statutory body responsible for Medicines and Allied Substances regulation in Zambia.
The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant positions at the Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority Secretariat:
To manage the carrying out of tests in microbiology in order to verify compliance to product specifications.
Person specifications and Qualifications:
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate
- BSc Degree Microbiology or other related professional qualification relevant to the job
- 8 years experience of which 3 years at managerial level in a microbiology laboratory
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Computer literate skills (Microsoft Office programs –Word, Excel and power point)
- Proficient in microbiology laboratory techniques on a wide variety of instrumentation including UV, Incubators, Autoclaves, Microscopes, Laminar Air Flow, Water Baths, pH Meters etc
- Ability to perform Microbial Enumeration Test on Raw Material, Packaging material and Finished Pharmaceutical products.
- Ability to write reports, validation protocols and standard operation procedures
- Ability to assemble and prepare scientific data with clarity and accuracy
- Knowledge and ability to perform Microbiological methods of analyses, such as Examination of Non-Sterile Products, Sterility tests and Biological assay.
- Ability to carry out carry out Identification of Microorganisms isolated from different Pharmaceutical samples
- Ability to carry out Bioload checks in Microbiology cleanrooms
- Knowledge of maintenance and Sub-culturing of Biological Control Cultures
- Familiar with WHO GPPML guidelines and ISO/IEC 17025
- Ability to critically analyse, interpret scientific periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and regulations and
- Must be a Zambian citizen not less than 35 years old.
Duties and responsibilities
- To Manage effectively, the carrying out of varied and specialized microbiological analysis on all medicines and allied substances, in order to verify compliance to product specification ;
- To Supervise effectively, the implementation of the quality management system in the Section in order to maintain required standards of service delivery
- To Supervise effectively, the development and validation of test methods for microbiology in order to be in line with international best practices
- To manage effectively, the preparation of Laboratory analytical reports in order to provide information and facilitate decision making
- To Supervise effectively the inventory of laboratory equipment and consumables under the microbiology section in order to ensure their availability and their serviceability
- To manage effectively, the labeling, storage and retrieval of samples in order to ensure integrity and chain of custody
- To Ensure timely development of individual and sectional work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance
- To Manage effectively human and materials resources in order to attain the objectives of the Section
- Preparing and producing periodic reports on the operations of the section for management’s decision making; and preparation and submission of departmental progress reports.
- Drafting and review of section quality procedures to ensure compliance cGMP and other relevant and related standards.
- Provides inputs to the annual budget preparation and procurement planning for sectional requirements to meet the focused annual operations of the laboratory.
- To carry out any other related duties that may be allocated by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes e-mail, telephone / cell phone numbers and certified copies of original Academic and Professional certificates with three (03) traceable references to:-
The Director General Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority Plot No.6903 Tuleteka Road, Off Makishi Road,
PO Box 31890,
Envelopes should be appropriately marked for the position applied for.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.