Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
With 100+ staff across eight offices in Zambia, this diverse and complex program sets out to strengthen the capacity of GRZ to develop sustainable systems that ensure availability and security of health commodities through (1) increased data availability and use for informed supply chain decision making, (2) improved quantification procurement planning and coordination processes, (3) provision of cost-effective, reliable international and local procurement services, (4) improved efficiency in warehousing and distribution by Medical Stores Limited, and (5) increased strategic management and planning by Ministry of Health for improved commodity security.
The project seeks to recruit for the position of:
Reporting to: Distribution Center Logistics Senior Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Distribution Center Logistics (DCL) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will support technical assistance related to M&E for improved warehousing, inventory management, and distribution of public health commodities for the central medical stores, Medical Stores Limited (MSL). The DCL M&E Specialist will be responsible for technical assistance to develop and monitor KPIs, support routine and ad hoc reporting, support activity-based costing initiatives, and to contribute to project deliverables related with public data related to distribution center logistics.
- Technical Implementation
- Provide technical assistance to MSL for monitoring and evaluation efforts, with an emphasis on fostering and enhancing a culture of continual improvement and data-based decision-making
- Serve as technical advisor to MSL in development, benchmarking, and monitoring of both key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitoring metrics for routine operations (i.e. picks per day)
- Support activity-based costing activities and requisite data collection, monitoring, and reporting efforts, to include daily activity planning and monitoring
- Lead project-supported monitoring initiatives, to include monitoring of product transitions (i.e. TLE/TLD transition), expiry management, distribution schedule adherence, and 3PL vendor performance
- Support and facilitate development of project technical deliverables (i.e. commodity security reports and supply planning reports) using public data from MSL
- Design and develop databases as needed, including applications for report generation, retrieval of data and other functions
- Advise on reporting functionality required from existing systems and coordinate with MSL and GHSC-PSM data analytics staff to explore initiatives and tools (i.e. Power BI) to enhance reporting, analytics, and visualization
- Assist in the recommendation and implementation of M&E best practices, common standards, systems and tools.
- Provide input into development and management of annual work plans for distribution center logistics based on GRZ and USG priorities
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the Distribution Center Logistics Senior Manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Demography, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- Minimum four (4) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required, including using M&E data analysis and tracking systems
- Strong data management / analysis skills required; database design and development preferred
- Experience working on USAID-funded health programs preferred
- Ability to write SQL queries to extract data for reporting preferred
- Ability to work in team setting required; previous experience managing or supervising preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Written and spoken English fluency required
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Location of Assignment
- The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How to Apply
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and the highest necessary qualifications to the email below: Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.