The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia as provided for in the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No.28 of 1996 (as amended) and the Insurance Act No. 27 of 1997 (as amended). The Authority is empowered under section 5 of the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No. 28 of 1996 (as amended) to formulate standards in the conduct of Insurance and Pensions business. The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include, among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
In line with its expansion strategy, the Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Public Relations Officer will undertake communication and public relations activities in order to promote and project a positive image of PIA to the public.
- Proactively promote understanding of key PIA operations to stakeholders using the best communication channel to disseminate the information
- Implement, in a timely manner, strategic initiatives in the PIA Strategic Plan that require communication strategies
- Catalogue newspaper articles published in the press and monitor reports on radio and television that affect PIA and the industry Attend to press queries, organise media briefings and media workshops
- Coordinate radio and television productions of programmes, contributing to development of scripts, ideas and presentations aimed at increasing awareness and knowledge of PIA and the Industry
- Conduct surveys to assess the effectiveness of PIA’s communication strategies
- Develop content for newsletters and other publications
- Work with other departments in their awareness campaigns
- Organise and attend internal and external events hosted or supported by the Authority to provide in-house media coverage for dissemination
- Draft speeches and presentations
- Develop social media strategies and procedures
- Monitor social media sites and forums to assess attitudes and understanding about PIA and the Industry.
- Maintain and update PIA’s website in collaboration with the information and Communications Technology IJnit, ensuring that stakeholders access updated information
- Ensure that the PIA’s corporate documents and promotional materials are fully compliant with the Corporate Branding Guidelines
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc/BA in Mass Communication/ Public Relations/Social Sciences or equivalent with 3 years’ relevant experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with a credit or better in English
Key Knowledge and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Listening skills, understanding and interpreting trends
- Analytical abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should send their application letters, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below.
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Pension and Insurance Authority,
Stand No. 4618,
Lubwa road, Rhodespark,
Only hardcopies submitted to the address above will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews