The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia as provided for in the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No.28 of 1996 (as amended) and the Insurance Act No. 27 of 1997 (as amended). The Authority is empowered under section 5 of the Pensions Scheme Regulations Act No. 28 of 1996 (as amended) to formulate standards in the conduct of Insurance and Pensions business. The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include, among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
In line with its expansion strategy, the Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following positions:
Overall responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Manager – ICT System Administrator will information technology services to the Authority.
Specific Duties: –
- Install and configure computer hardware and software institution
- Administer the Regulatory System for the institution provide for the Administer Intrusion Detection Systems, CCTV, backups and firewalls
- Manage Exchange Server, DNS and Active Directory
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Ensure users adhere to the ICT policies of the institution
- Administer the institution’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Work with third party service providers, testing and troubleshooting systems, network and internet problems
- Regular update of systems to enhance security
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Must work independently and in a group to manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (M C SA)
- Excellent programming competence in two of these languages PHP, JAVA, .NET,
- In-depth knowledge of MSSQL Server database administration.
- Competent in LAN/WAN Technologies and Administration
- CCNA/CC NP certification added advantage
- In-depth Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems; Active Directory & Exchange experience
- Proficiency in Virtualization in any; Vmware, HyperV, IBM PowerVM or Red Hat Virtualization
- Good interpersonal skills
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in a similar environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should send their application letters, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below.
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Pension and Insurance Authority,
Stand No. 4618,
Lubwa road, Rhodespark,
Only hardcopies submitted to the address above will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews