Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for a full-time position as a Project Accountant to be based in Ndola.
DAPP registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its headquarters in Ndola on the Copperbelt. The objective of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
DAPP seeks to build hope and to make disadvantaged people to stick together to fend for their families and communities. DAPP and the communities work in partnerships for health, water, sanitation and hygiene, child development, primary education, teacher training, human rights, economic empowerment, agriculture and environment through projects.
DAPP has an income generating section that deals in retail of second hand clothes through established shops in various towns and cities across the country. The Project Accountant is required for this part of DAPP.
- This position reports into the Chief Finance Manager based in Ndola.
2. Job summary/responsibilities:
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Preparing annual financial statements
- Posting complete and accurate transactions to the accounting system, including bank payments and adjustments to the accounts
- Preparing monthly bank and cash reconciliations
- Implementing proper accounting systems for all shops across the country
- Orienting non-accounting staff on writing of reports, such as Daily sales report, Weekly report, Expense report and Stock report
- Facilitating the conduct of both internal and external audits
- Ensuring that all payments to suppliers and/or projects are made in accordance with relevant DAPP regulations
- Ensuring that reconciliation of debtors and creditors are done monthly
- Undertaking monthly stock analysis from Stocks office for the purpose of accounts stock valuation
- Ensuring that the staff payroll is accurately computed and posted
- Ensuring DAPP property, plant and equipment is properly accounted for
- Coordinating the supply of office consumables
3. Personal Attributes:
- Have integrity
- Team player
4. Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Degree in Accountancy and/or full or part professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CA Zambia
- Paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- At least 3 years working experience in a busy commercial environment
- Should have experience in supervising a team of at least 3 people
5. Key skills required:
- Working knowledge of Pastel Accounting Software or similar accounting packages
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received: The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Please submit to these E-mails:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.