Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the Ventilation Engineer
Core purpose of the position
- Plan and ensure implementation of long- and short-term efficient ventilation system at the mine to forestall safe environmental conditions in working places
- Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Eliminate FACs, MTCs, LTIs and Fatalities by promoting highest safety standards within and beyond the scope of mine ventilation requirements within the Lubambe SHEQ guidelines and other official safety initiatives.
- Provide adequate ventilation to places where persons are travelling and working above the minimum prescribed and negotiate best prices as appropriate.
- Carry out systematic sampling and auditing of ventilation systems to ensure compliance.
- Conduct all vent surveys professionally so as to ensure good environmental conditions
- Compile data from routine surveys for future planning purposes
- Advise officials on requirements of industrial and mine ventilation standards
- Prepares routine reports and prepares monthly and quarterly reports
- Liaise with Planners and Mine Officials on daily basis to keep up with the development in the sections and accompanies them as and when required
- Attends planning, production and projects meetings and offers technical information on ventilation requirements
- Conducts orientation courses for shift bosses and line officials
- Prepares emergency procedures in the event of U/G fires or main fan failures
- Issue recommendations and deviation reports to operating officials to ensure compliance.
- Conduct costing and time analyses related to ventilation initiatives.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of all air ventilation installations.
- Recommend purchase of ventilation equipment as required.
- To make available ventilation fans and accessories to facilitate the ventilation of development ends based on the plan
- Ensure adherence to mining regulations part 9.
- Ensures both air quality and quantity meet and/or exceeds regulatory requirements to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all mine production employees.
- Submission of quarterly reports to MSD and any other reports as may be requested.
- Commit to continued professional development by reading current publications, speaking to field experts, and attending conferences regularly.
- Work to identify cost improvements or reduction through relational building with suppliers.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced/Diploma/Degree Mine Ventilation (Engineering)
- Must be a member EIZ and ERB
- Proficient use of VentSim computer software will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years ventilation engineering experience.
- Ability to perform extensive mathematical hand calculations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Stress and time management skills
- Superior technical and analytical skills
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.