Registered under The Non-Government Organisation Act of 2009 through the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services, the Climate Smart Agriculture Alliance Zambia (CSAAZ) under the guidance of Ministry of Agriculture is designed to support the rapid adoption of Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) in Zambia through collaborative efforts and practical experiences of Alliance members in the agricultural sector in Zambia.
The Alliance derives its mandate from the Zambian Government being party to the Equatorial Guinea Malabo Declaration, at which the Heads of States and Governments of the African Union Committed to Enhancing Resilience of Livelihoods and Production Systems to Climate Variability and other related risks. Through the New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD), the Alliance was tasked to develop a strategy that will ensure that, by the year 2025, at least 30% of our farm, pastoral, and fisher households are resilient to climate and weather-related risks.
As a Civil Society Organisation (CSO), the Alliance is a member driven Organisation comprising 20 members with a strong ambition to increase membership and reach the whole Zambia especially those adversely affected by Climate Change impacts. To implement its activities that will lead to achieving its mandate, the CSAAZ is looking for qualified, experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the positions of National Coordinator and Finance and Administration Officer under its Coordinating Unit in Lusaka.
Reporting to the Board, the National Coordinator will be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of activities for the CSA Alliance. The National Coordinator shall also be responsible for overseeing the Alliance’s Coordinating Unit (CU). He/she will be responsible for resource mobilisation, ensuring meaningful membership growth and quality implementation of programme interventions by member organisations in contributing to the alliance mandate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Under the auspices of the Alliance Board, the National Coordinator shall be;
- Lead the overall coordination of CSAAZ alliance membership and activities by members of the alliance
- Lead donor engagements and the development of bankable proposals to mobilize resources for CSA activities
- Maintain good working relationships with alliance stakeholders including Ministry of Agriculture, donors and technical supporters to the alliance
- Lead the assessment of member organisations capacity needs on CSA and lead coordination of capacity building support to member organisations
- Raise the profile and visibility of the alliance through media engagements and proper use of EIC materials
- Represent the Alliance at CSA related meetings and events
- Coordinate the compilation of narrative and financial reports to meet internal and donor reporting requirements
- Develop terms of reference for staff and short-term consultants engaged on specific assignments for the alliance
- Coordinate the hosting of monthly, quarterly and annual planning and review meetings
- Monitor progress and implementation of annual plans for the alliance
- Act as Secretariat to the Alliance Board meetings, General Assemblies and any other meeting called upon by the alliance Board
- Provide over-sight and leadership to staff recruited under the Alliance Coordinating Unit including Finance and Administration Officer and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years’ experience designing and/or implementing development programmes particularly those related to agriculture
- Strong understanding of climate change and its impacts on smallholder farmers and other stakeholders in Zambia
- A good working knowledge of climate smart agriculture and approaches therein
- Proven experience in resource mobilization through donor engagements and developing bankable proposals
- Strategic thinker, able to analyze and scan external environment to determine impactful actions for the alliance
- Ability to work independently and self-driven in a fast-paced, high time demand environment with highly time bound deliverables.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively with limited supervision.
- Proven experience in strategic project oversight and coordination of complex projects.
- Proven experience in advocacy actions with strong ability to engage with the media and public
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including reporting, facilitation and representation.
- Experience managing a network of relationships at a distance
- Relevant academic qualifications preferably a degree in Agriculture Economics, Business Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration or Market development.
- A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications
Method of Application
Candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience are to send their Application Letters and Latest Curriculum Vitae with Three traceable references to the following email: Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the Subject line of your email.
Please note that the alliance has a zero tolerance on sexual harassment and abuse. Women are encouraged to apply.