Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Human Resources Assistant for its Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) project operating in Eastern Province.
The position will be based in Chipata district.
The position reports to the Project Manager on day-to-day operations and to the Human Resources Manager on Human Resources (HR) matters.
- Facilitate and participate in the recruitment and selection process according to set policies and procedures
- Ensure all local contracts are attested by the local labour office
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward project and organisational objectives
- Manage and track all contracts, liaise with various supervisors on way forward upon expiry of contracts.
- Ensure that leave plans for each employee are submitted at the beginning of the year/contract: Monitor leave accruals and track all leave taken monthly. Ensure all leave applications are duly signed and filed in employee personnel files
- Ensure each employee complete Time-sheets at the end of the month
- Ensure that all personnel files are updated at all times including ensuring that all audit requirements are adhered to.
- Responsible for tracking staff performance and development ensuring that all performance plans, coaching sessions recorded, and final appraisals are on file.
- Ensure that all personnel files have all necessary documentation as per file checklist.
- Be the link on Human Resources (HR) matters between the project and national HR office.
- Minimum Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- At least two (02) years’ experience in Human Resources
- Understanding labour laws
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Exceptional planning and time management skills, and ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning employees and employee records
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
Applications with detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received on the dates below.
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
Applicant must indicate in the application letter, the current, or the last gross salary received.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.