Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
To carry out assessments of systemically important payment systems in order to promote safe and efficient payment Systems that ensure financial stability and to plan and conduct compliance onsite and offsite inspections on designated payment systems in order to promote a safe and efficient national payment Systems.
- Plan and conduct comprehensive assessments of systemically important financial market infrastructures against the Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures (PFMIs).
- Prepare assessment reports within appropriate time frame.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of self-assessment reports by operators of systemically important payment systems.
- Conduct interviews and inspections to verify accuracy of information submitted in self-assessment reports.
- Prepare consolidated reports on self-assessments for publication and disclosure to the public on the Bank of Zambia website.
- Co-ordinate training of operators of systemically important payment systems and conduct inductions and on-going training of operators.
- Provide regular updates to self-assessment manuals and frameworks.
- Participate in the development/review of the regional oversight framework.
- Plan and prepare inspection programmes.
- Conduct compliance on-site and off-site inspections of designated payment systems to check that they are sound, operating in line with license conditions and the established legal/regulatory frameworks.
- Prepare inspection reports.
- Collect and analyse payment systems data and prepare reports for submission to the monetary and supervisory policy committees and other stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports for Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA (in Economics, Finance, Banking) or ACCA/CIMA/ACA/Chartered Institute of Bankers (CIOB)
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge in economics, banking or finance knowledge.
- Strong analysis and writing abilities.
- Experience in relevant reputable organization.
- Must have sound knowledge and understanding of payments systems.
- Ability to work well in a team, share technical knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills.
Conditions of Service
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the positions are on Fixed Term Contracts of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply online or by enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned: For those applying online, please ensure that you attach your CV and certified photocopies of certificates/NRC. For more information, visit: http://www.boz.zm
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
PO Box 30080