Ecobank Zambia is a full-service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
Job Title: M.D’s Personal Assistant
Reports to: Managing Director
1. Primary Purpose:
Responsible for the overall office administration for the M.D.’s Office and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness through timely and accurate typing, diary management, and general executive secretarial services.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
- Office management and administration
- Ensuring the smooth running of the M.D’s office
- Managing and enhancing the image of Ecobank by providing efficient, reliable and effective personal assistance to the M.D.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the M.D.’s office by supervising the cleaning and ensuring that everything is in order all the time.
- strict confidentiality
- Maintaining the MD’s diary and effectively organizing for his meetings.
- Receiving callers/visitors for the M.D. – Banking and dealing with them appropriately.
- Making Hotel and accommodation bookings for the MD when he travels and for his Visitors when they visit.
- Typing, designing and presentation of letters, memos, reports for the M.D. when needed.
- Drafting correspondences and responses as and when asked to do so.
- Distribution of the documents, memos etc coming out of the M.D.’s office to the relevant people and officials.
- Filing and ensuring proper maintenance of records in the MD’s Office.
- Providing typing and other secretarial services to the other Executive Management as and when necessary.
- Screens visitors and callers to the MD and action accordingly.
- Payments for the MD’s personal bills.
- Preparing the boardroom for Board / Executive and other meetings.
- Serving refreshments for the meetings when called upon to do so.
- Making travel arrangements for the M.D. and other Senior Managers in the Group as and when called upon to do so.
- Arranging for the M.D and other Executive Directors’ functions and travel as and when necessary.
- Attending to any other Directors’ duties as and when they are delegated, e.g. relieving in the Legal Office whenever called upon to do so.
Key attributes for the role:
- Pressure of work
- Pressure of work varies. Sometimes it becomes very strenuous especially on typing reports or documents that might be required for meetings or Board presentations.
- Pressure mounts at month ends and year – ends when Exco packages have to be compiled for presentations.
Controls & Checks:
- This depends specifically on the task at hand. Typing is checked as and when it is done. Filing is hardly checked. Incumbent has sufficient skill to complete tasks on her own.
- Consequence of Error
- Errors reflect badly on the M.D.’s office e.g. he might miss very crucial appointments or be late to some commitments. This puts the Bank’s name into disrepute.
- Lack of confidentiality results in very crucial information being leaked to undeserving recipients and this creates problems for the Company.
5. Experience & Education:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Personal Assistant
- Ability to deal with people at a very high level.
- Effective Communication skills.
- General Business Acumen
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Good Planning & Organising skills
- Good Networking and negotiation skills
- Degree in Administration/Relevant degree
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application clearly stating the position you are applying for in your cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of your academic qualifications to:
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.