USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position
The Accountant will be responsible for executing the expenses per appropriate accounting standards and procedures set by MSI, USAID, and ensures compliance with Zambian laws. S/he will help monitor, analyze and operationalize the financial transactions through automated financial local and home office systems, assist in monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, and help maintain all petty cash transactions and advances, including preparation of primary documentation (disbursement and receipt slips, vouchers). S/he will report to the HR and Finance Manager.
- Responsible for the input of all accounting data, ensuring compliance with project expenditures.
- Design and apply internal control mechanisms, including periodic accounting audits.
- Support preparations of monthly financial reports for MSI Headquarters, in addition to any other financial reports that may be required.
- Review account balances and monthly financial reports.
- Provide support on wire transfer request preparations with MSI Headquarters.
- Ensure the payment of goods and services under contract for the program.
- Prepare appropriate tax returns and any other information.
- Review and verify invoices for the purchase of goods and services for the program.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank settlements.
- Ensure that scanned financial files are uploaded and updated on Egnyte.
- Prepare and maintain updated information for audits.
- Propose improvements in the accounting process and procedures for recording transactions per necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting or related field on USAID-funded projects.
- Experience with QuickBooks required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Attention to details and the capabilities to work well individually and within a team.
- Flexibility and high capacity to adapt to change.
- Experience working with USAID programs is highly desirable.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: