The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
A. Job Purpose
To assist the Legal Counsel provide the requisite legal advice to the Board and Workeds Compensation Fund Control Board management on legal matters governing the Fund aimed at ensuring strict compliance with the Law
B. Job Responsibilities
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Board i.e., prepare writs, defences, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Board.
- Prepare, file and plead cases in Court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Board.
- Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
- Liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of their obligation to Board.
- File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Board.
- Advise on statutory compliances.
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the Board.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Submit all judgments to the Legal Counsel.
- Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Board.
C. Job Requirements
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Degree in law (LLB) and admission to the bar.
- Not less five (5) years’ experience at management level in an organisation of similar size.
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ).
- Ability to keep up-to-date with legislative and policy changes.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Adaptability to compu ting systems as operated by the organisation from time to time and an awareness of relevant technological applications.
- Customer service
- Relationship management
- Corporate Citizenship
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical/Computation Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer services Skills
Method of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant acadernic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.