The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
A. Job Purpose
To provide Secretarial Duties to the Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board and to maintain and develop an effective and efficient system of planning, coordinating, organising and controlling legal service activities as well as assist all Directors in the enforcement and interpretation ofthe Workers’ Compensation Act No 10 of 1999.
B. Job Responsibilities
- Provides effective secretarial services to the Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board and Executive Management to ensure effective and efficient administration of operations of the Board;
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to provision of legal services and sup port. This includes advising and representing the Board all legal matters, drafting and reviewing documentation, attending to conveyance and legal drafting relating to Board property. Mitigating legal costs arising out of possible law suits or actual suits to help preserve the image of the Board.
- Maintains all Board records, property deeds, Minute Books, registers, contracts and other legal documents related to the Board to ensure safe custodv of these documents.
- Interprets laws, including the Workers’ Compensation Act No 10 of 1999 so that the institution is properly guided in executing its mandate.
- Analyses, periodically, and interprets national and international laws, edicts and statutes that have implications on the activities of WCFCB and prepares reports for the Commissioner and Board in order to provide informed legal opinion.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes and controls Debt Management activities in order to ensure that the debt stock is reduced by 90% as per Strategic Plan.
- Drives Performance Management appraisals in thc Directoratate and reviewing the Directorates performance periodically, enforcing rules and ensuring that the Directorate achieves its set goals.
- Prepares Directorate Budget, monitoring and controlling Directorate expenditure, investigating variances and initiating corrective action so as to achieve set financial objectives
C. Job Requirements
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Degree in law (LLB) and admission to the bar.
- Master’s Degree in Law or any Business field or any Social Science field.
- Not less than ten (10) years’ experience at a senior management level in an organisatlon af similar size.
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ).
- Well developed and high level organisation skills.
- Time management.
- Interpersonal skills of a high standard.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with legislative and policy changes.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Adaptability to computing systems as operated by the organisation from time to time and an awareness of relevant technological applications.
- Relationship management
- Decision making
- Corporate Citizenship
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical/ Computation Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Leadership skills; and
- Customer services
Method of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant acadernic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.