ZSIC Life Ltd is a leading long-term life assurance Company wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). The Company has a well spread branch network across Zambia, providing life assurance products and pension fund management and fund administration services. In order to effectively continue pursuing itsvision of being the most preferred provider of world class life assurance, pension and fund management services in the Southern Africa region, the company now invites applications from result oriented and self-motivated candidates to fill the following positions on permanent and pensionable basis under the Information Technology Unit:
Reporting to the IT Specialist – Mobile Development & Analytics, the Systems Developer-Mobile Apps is responsible for supporting ZSIC Life Mobile Applications.
This includes enhancing and testing software applications to meetbusiness process requirements. The primary role is application and software design, in order to provide product solutions for specific business needs. The role requires the job holder to manage the entire process of building applications in line with business specifications by ensuring quality assurance and testing procedures are carried out. The Systems Developer-Mobile Apps is also responsible for providing level two support for any application related queries and is further required to apply their functional knowledge and technical expertise in mobile applications development and database management.
- Ensure timely identification, troubleshooting and resolution of all ZSIC Life mobile application related issues
- Lead support efforts, making sure all mobile application related problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Troubleshoot application errors by running diagnostics leading to resolution of problems, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Fully responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Provide Support to End Users
- Administer application and provide technical expertise in development and execution of all Mobile App systems
- Supervise and/or provide training and technical assistance to in-house users to help ensure smooth workflow
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all essential Mobile Applications by establishing best practices for keeping applications running smoothly
- Work closely with other application development teams and vendors to tune application performance
- Work closely with business to come up with Application functional requirements or changes;
- Liaise and work closely with 3rd party Application vendors to ensure business functional requirements or changes are implemented successfully
- Install and upgrade Application software as and when required with the support of vendor teams
- Develop and implement processes to ensure control effectiveness of applications
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Monitor Utilization of IT Application server resources to ensure even distribution for efficient business operation
- Maintain Application/System availability rate of 99% and above
- Daily monitoring and maintenance activities
- Undertake effectively the implementation of all Application changes and related support;
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Leads and participates in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
- Develop work plans and track/report status of assigned projects/tasks
- Work closely with Application vendors to ensure successful implementation of systems
- To lead or be part of a project team in Systems Development
- To support the engagementand manage external specialist contractors/consultants to supplement service area and delivery of ICT services
- Collaborate with developers and vendors to secure infrastructure being developed for end-user needs and ensure achievement of all business objectives
- Perform complex systems/software analysis
- Conduct application, system, and code walkthroughs
- Implement and maintain highly reliable, availableandsecure software
- Manage the testing and deployment of software applications
- Coordinate integration activities of new systems with existing ones
- Implement appropriate processes to ensure protection of loss of data against disaster and application failure
- Ensure Application/System documentation exists and is kept up to date
- Ensure regular Application backup operations occurs;
- Coordinate with vendor project teams and prepare technical reports, training materials and documentations for end users
- Organize regular research studies for new technologies and fit them into the project.
- Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications or equivalent
- Database & Microsoft Certifications are added advantages
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant Applications Development experience
- Member of Computer Society of Zambia/ EIZ with a valid Practicing Certificate
- Applications Administration, Software Development or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required;
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining and administering complex applications
- Excellent problem solving/analyticalskills and complex troubleshooting methods;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environmentand meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- A proven track record of developing software applications
- Experience SQL databases
- Experience in Mobile Apps development
- Experience with standard integration platforms and REST APIs
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming
- Basic knowledge of Networking.
Method of Application
Interested persons can send or bring in person their application letters accompanied by Curriculum Vitae,certified photocopies of educational and professional certificates,including details of three contactable references. Applications clearly marked “POSITION APPLIED FOR”should be submitted:
Applications should be addressed to: The Head Human Capital & Administration ZSIC Life Ltd, Insurance House Stand Number 4432 Cairo Road Box 30507 Lusaka.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.