Meanwood General Insurance is a growing general insurance Institution in Zambia. The Company underwrites all classes of business in respect of general insurance and has a good branch network spread across the Country.
The Company is seeking to recruit a talented and experienced insurance professional to fill the position of Branch Manager to be based in Kitwe and reporting to the General Manager. The Branch Manager shall be responsible for insurance underwriting and Claims management of all classes of general insurance. This person will oversee day-to-day operations of Kitwe Branch, be accountable for the underwriting results of the business of the Branch.
- Plans and coordinates the branch marketing activities.
- Ensures collection of underwritten premiums is in line with laid down company guidelines.
- Provides efficient and effective underwriting processes to the company clientele.
- Coordinates timely preparation of periodical production reports.
- Ensures settlement of valid claims within recommended time frame.
- Ensures effective implementation of debt management system to maximize cash flow levels.
- Maintains and fosters sound working relationship with all intermediaries in the region.
- Ensures budget control measures to achieve the intended company growth.
- Provides logistic and technical support to the sales team so that their work is not hampered by lack of knowledge.
- Monitors claims patterns of each portfolio and recommends mechanisms to management for risk improvement in order to contribute to company profitability.
- Ensures full utilization of information technology for the company benefits.
- Represents the company at official functions in the area.
Key Qualifications, Qualities & Competencies:
- Degree in Insurance, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- ACII diploma and/or National Insurance Diploma.
- At least five years working experience in the General Insurance industry at Supervisor/Management level.
- Proven general insurance underwriting experience.
- Sensible judgement and attention to detail.
- Confident decision making skills.
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures.
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills.
- Good knowledge of claims management.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A goal getter and Self Starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power-point and Word.
- Team player.
- In possession of a clean and valid driving license.
- Sales & marketing experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven leadership skills.
Method of Application
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Submit copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and experience.
Send your applications and supporting documents EXCLUSIVELY.
Candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements should NOT apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.