Position Reports to: Area Programme Manager and WASH Technical Programme Manager
Locations: Keembe/Musosolokwe Area Programme (Kabwe), & Sinanzongwe Area Programme (Kindly indicate Position and location in your subject line)
Purpose of the Position
- To facilitate community engagement, community changes, build and maintain local partnerships, build community and partner organisation capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Programme to improve and sustain well-being of children and families. To implement, monitor and report technical program interventions at Area Program level for improved child well being
- Program Development and Implementation
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of WASH technical programme activities using recommended models, techniques, standards and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget
- Communicate World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values, policies and our approaches to facilitate development processes to realize well-being of the children in the communities
- Facilitate the interpretation and distribution of context appropriate WASH Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
- Work with other technical program staff at Area Programme to implement WASH programs activities for improved integrated implementation for impact and scale
- Raise WASH awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities in WASH for improved implementation
- Work closely with the community and district partners such as the church to mobilize community in the implementation of activities in order to achieve sustainability of WASH interventions
- Facilitate WASH programmes at Area Programme level aimed at reducing the prevalence of water born and water related diseases through promotion of improved sanitation facilities, personal hygiene and environmental practices among communities and school Children
- Participate in the district development plans of line ministries to ensure WVZL WASH technical programmes are mainstreamed and aligned for enhanced local partnership and ownerships.
- Local Partnering and Networking
- Collaborate with local level stakeholders involved in the WASH programme for effective programme implementation and sustainability.
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings at district level including WASH Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment of national and local priorities.
- Facilitate and support local level WASH technical programme related advocacy for improved access to safe, sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services.
- Capacity Building
- Facilitate building capacity of Community Development Workers (CDW) and Volunteers on the WASH Programmes for effective roll out and activity implementation.
- Facilitate training for community partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure WASH programme activities are effectively implemented
- Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with WASH Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) specialist, build capacity for CDW’s and volunteers in data collection, interpretation and utilisation of WASH data
- Collect WASH related monitoring data with community workers and volunteers in a collaborative and systematic way
- Facilitate joint technical monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control.
- Write and timely submit WASH monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved decision making.
- Participate in the review of WASH programme interventions for improved quality of programming
- Work with WASH DME Specialist to input data into the database and develop information management systems.
Participate in documenting and sharing WASH programme lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
- Must participate/lead in devotions and attend WV chapel services to maintain WV Christian ethos and culture.
Child and adult beneficiary safeguarding:
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme.
- Therefore, the job holder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Public/Environmental Health, Water Engineering/Social Sciences or related field with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Degree in Public/Environmental Health, Water Engineering/Social Sciences or related field or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Hands on Experience in Program Management in a rural or peri-urban complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Demonstrated Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing essential in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilisation, facilitating and donor engagement skills
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, training and networking skills are highly desired
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational
- Perform other duties as required.
- Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based 20% : field 80%
Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted