Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following re-advertised vacant position:
- To supervise and oversee security duties in a shift.
- Assign duties to security officers in the shift and oversee the activities under his/her charge to ensure that there is staff accountability and timely deployments.
- Oversee security coverage during Bank operations in accordance with procedures.
- Take custody of and issue specialized equipment for use by officers during operations in accordance with associated statutory requirements and Bank procedures.
- Seek & analyse information on breach of security procedures and take/recommend appropriate remedial measures.
- Enforce compliance, by all stakeholders, with security policies and procedures to protect life and Bank assets.
- Compiles daily incident reports for management information and decision making.
- Coordinate subcontracted security personnel deployed at various locations in line with contract terms and conditions.
- Manage staff performance in accordance with the Bank’s Performance Management System procedures.
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Social Sciences, Law, Criminology or equivalent plus Security Training with two (2) years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in Security at Supervisory level
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes:
- Supervisory skills
- Good writing skills
- Good Time Management skills
Conditions of Service:
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Method of Application
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply online or by submitting applications and enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and certified photocopies of certificates/NRC to the undersigned:
For those applying online, please ensure that you attach your CV and certified photocopies of certificates/NRC. For more information, visit:
Please note that the previous advertisement has been cancelled. Therefore, all those who had applied in response to the earlier advertisement are hereby requested to re-apply.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia,
P O BOX 30080,