Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading Local Zambian Organisation with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. SFH’s work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations. SFH also provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
SFH seeks an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Pharmaceutical and Supply Chain Manager, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP). The Manager will be responsible for coordinating the management of HIV/AIDS commodities and supplies for the Military Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program for PEPFAR including Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services, HIV Treatment, Cervical Cancer screening, TB control and Viral Load Scale-up. The Manager will work in close collaboration with the Project Director, the donor, Zambian Defense Force (ZDF), Society for Family Health Leadership Team, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders, to ensure that SFH supports the country in achieving the goals of reaching HIV epidemic control in Zambia. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Project Director.
This position is contingent upon award from the U.S. Department of Defense. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsible for the management and coordination of medical and non-medical supplies in order to ensure compliance to policies, rules, systems and procedures of therapeutic drug management at ZDF health facilities. The manager will coordinate support for HIV/AIDS commodities and supplies helping to guide the overall project approach and strategy for supply chain issues. S/he will interface with senior officials in the GRZ, ZDF, and MSL, to resolve issues and ensure efficiencies in the supply chain system.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strengthen public sector medical/supply and commodity procurement capacity
- Improve use of medicines and more effective pharmaceutical services
- Strengthen GRZ strategic planning and management capacity
- Improve availability of commodities including supplies at site level
- Improved logistics management information systems
- Monitor stock levels at all levels.
- Build capacity of programmatic and procurement staff to identify re-order points for commodities, packaging, promotional, and other materials.
- Assist program staff and regional sites to forecast required needs accurately and to request for supplies/stocks in a timely manner.
- Supporting coordination efforts between USG supply chain implementing partners.
- Attend relevant TWG meetings and represent the project
- Monitor communication channels between programmatic and supply chain staff to avoid bottlenecks and miscommunications. Share key reports with all relevant users.
- Identify training needs and secure training and development activities, including providing on the job support to pharmaceutical personnel in ZDF health facilities
- Making recommendations, with appropriate counterparts, regarding commodity management and distribution for PEPFAR supported medicines or commodities, such as treatment regimens, laboratory reagents, equipment, male circumcision (MC) kits and TB
- Ensure the procurement of all health commodities and pharmaceutical products is in line with international and national (Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority) regulations and s/he must sit on the evaluation committee prior to purchase.
- Monitor and control the distribution of all SFHs pharmaceutical and allied products on behalf of the organization in all the platforms and sites in conjunction with partner organizations.
- Follow up on compliance and payment of statutory fees with Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZMRA).
- Other tasks as needed
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceuticals
- A registered member of ZIPS, CIPS, and Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Knowledge on pharmaceutical regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at management level
- Three (3) years’ experience with management of activities for laboratory, pharmaceutical and public health supply chain; including designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities in the delivery of supply chain and pharmaceutical management programs.
- Relevant experience in the following areas:
- Design and project management of programs to build national systems capacity required.
- Procurement and supply chain management, or other relevant pharmacy or health commodities logistics sector.
- Working with priority health programs (HIV & TB), as well as supply chain and pharmaceutical management systems specific to HIV & TB
- Knowledge and experience of ICT based office tools and applications (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint)
- Proven knowledge and understanding of project planning, implementation and good analytical capabilities
- Fluent in English language, able to read and write
- Being amicable
- Being self motivated, proactive and dynamic
- Presentation and communication in different settings
- Being analytical
- Being professional, organized and diligent
- Risk management
Method of Application
Please email application and CV Clearly indicate, “VMMC Manager – DOD”.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.