Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading Local Zambian Organisation with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. SFH’s work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations. SFH also provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
SFH seeks an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Senior Manager, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP). The Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the care, support and treatment component of the Military Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program for PEPFAR including Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services, HIV Treatment, Cervical Cancer screening, TB control and Viral Load Scale-up. The Manager will work in close collaboration with the Project Director, the donor, Zambian Defense Force (ZDF), Society for Family Health Leadership Team, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders, to ensure that SFH supports the country in achieving the goals of reaching HIV epidemic control in Zambia. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Project Director.
This position is contingent upon award from the U.S. Department of Defense Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Care and Treatment Manager will directly support the Project Director in the design, roll-out and day-to-day management and implementation of project interventions. S/he will support in providing ART focused support to ZDF health facilities, planning and appropriate use of resources. S/he will supervise technical staff.
- Provide ART technical/clinical support to supported sites
- Document best practices from supported sites and support M&E team in continuous quality improvement.
- Conducting regular supportive visits provide on–site support and ensuring corrective feedback in selected areas.
- Support capacity building at national, provincial district level, and training and mentorship of site level staff
- Support the district Pediatric and general case identification, linkage, initiation and viral suppression whilst on ART
- Support continuity of services from PMTCT, VMMC, MCH, TB and other HIV related services
- Coordinate advocacy, demand generation, and policy support, across project sites as required
- Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forum
- Support the scale up of differentiated models of service delivery to optimize service delivery, increase ART retention, and improve quality
- Support monitoring the retention of patients initiated on ART to identify and address losses to follow-up
- Train, orient and mentor HIV providers for HIV services
- Participation in the development of monitoring and evaluation tools
- Provide guidance in capacity building, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation to key governmental and non-governmental partners
- Ensure all programs are integrated within the health and other technical sectors
- Coordinate monthly partner meetings and quarterly visits.
- Liaise with technical partners (MOH and others, Donor) and
- Other tasks as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical Degree with some training in Project Management OR
- Masters’ Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage
- Membership in Health Professions Council of Zambia or General Nursing Council of Zambia.
- Minimum of 8 years project management experience in HIV service delivery care and treatment programs with in depth understanding of the local health system
- 5 years working at management level for a public health and/or international development project;
- Familiarity with PEPFAR’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems and knowledge of USG Rules and Regulations preferred.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders
- Experienced user of tools MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial monitoring;
Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Project Management and Design skills
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Team management skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Budgeting skills
Method of Application
Please email application and CV Clearly indicate, “VMMC Manager – DOD”.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.