Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) is a provider of sustainable and affordable Mortgage Financing, Property Management and Banking Services in Zambia. The Society is looking for the services of an experienced, self-motivated, dynamic and energetic person to fill the following position.
Statement of Main Duties:
To plan and manage all procurement and supply functions of the Society in accordance with the Public Procurement Act of 2008 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011, procuring goods, works and services with efficiency, economy, transparency and integrity, thereby supporting smooth and efficient operations and service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and submit ad hoc and periodic procurement and supplies reports for Procurement Committee, Board and Management information and decision making.
- To organise meetings in consultation with the Chairperson of the Procurement Committee and acts as Secretary/records proceedings and decisions reached to guide procurement of goods and services for the Society.
- To prepare contracts for selected suppliers, contractors and consultants, obtains necessary approvals and oversees contrccts management by the designated contracts manager.
- To prepare any reqjred contract variations or change order and obtains all required approvals before contracts are finalised.
- To ensure that all contract management documents are properly kept and archived as required.
- To make follow ups with suppliers to ensure compliance to specifications and delivery declines as to ensure timely receipt of specified goods and services.
- To prepare solicitation documents, bid notices, short lists for formal tenders and managers tender closing and opening.
- To manage the bidding process, including pre bid meetings, clarifications, receipt and opening the bids.
- To manage the evaluation of bids and any post qualification or negotiations.
- To look for new sources of supply and negotiates with suppliers better terms on prices, credit terms and discounts to ensure cost saving.
- To send inquiries to suppliers os per approved suppliers list or the suppliers Used before.
- To ensure that an up-to-date list of suppliers and contractors is maintained in conformity with Society procedures and guidelines.
- To ensure that purchase orders ore raised to selected suppliers and makes follow ups with suppliers to collect goods or ensure timely delivery of the same.
- To liaise with user departments in verifying specifications and sources of supply to ensure timely and compliant procurement.
- To receive and scrutinise purchase requisitions to ensure correctness of specifications and approved by authorised signatories.
- To prepare the annual procurement plan, and recommends appropriate methods of procurement and implements procurement activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) certificate
- Degree in Procurement and Supplies or a relevant first degree with post graduate
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supply
- 5 years relevant managerial experience preferably in the financial sector
- Appreciation of Procurement Act
- Membership of both Chartered Institute o: Purchasing & Supplies and Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply a MUST.
- Professional certification will be added advantage
Required competencies/Personal qualities:
- Proven knowledge of the Zambia Public Procurement Authority Act and public procurement guidelines and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proactive stakeholder management capability
- Demonstrated Contract management skills
- Good communication skills
- High integrity and confidentiality
Method of Application
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), with 3 traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned: hours with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelop.
Director Human Resources,
Zambia National Building Society,
Century House, 2nd Floor, Cairo Road,
PO Box 30420,
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.