The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ), established in 1972, is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation, which provides non-discriminatory, friendly, gender-sensitive and comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health and (SHR&R) services to hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups who include young people and women of reproductive age in Zambia. PPAZ envisions a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights and have equal access to quality and affordable sexual and reproductive health Information and services. PPAZ’s mission is to advocate for the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women, men, young people, especially the vulnerable, and empowers them to make free and informed reproductive health choices.
PPAZ seeks to hire two (2) Project Officers for the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health programme to be implemented with support from the cooperation between DFID and UNFPA in all 28 districts of Central and Western provinces. The programme seeks to contribute to improved health and wellbeing of women and adolescents through increased access to comprehensive Family Planning services and Sexual Reproducitve Health.
The Project Officers will be responsible for organizing, coordinating and implementing the project in Central and Western Province. They will directly report to the Director of Programmes and have a working relationship with the Manager – Programme Support on all M&E related matters.
Duty Station: Mongu and Kabwe Districts
1. Project Planning & Management
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual workplans in line with the overall project strategy and approved workplan
- Lead implementation of all project activities in the province ensuring close collaboration with relevant Ministry of Health staff at all levels and other stakeholders
- Workly closely with relevant PPAZ HQ staff to engage relevant resources for capacity building activties and other assignments as may be required
- Ensure the use of designed delivery approaches/models to strengthen systems in the provision of Integrated Family Planning Services and adolescent sexual reproductive health services in the target clusters/health facilties
2. Monitoring, Documentation & Reporting:
- Document success stories, lessons learnt and best practices including collecting and reporting monitoring and evaluation data.
- Develop activity and programmatic reports to the donor and for internal circulation
- Undertake field visits to particticipating health facilities/clusters and districts to monitor implementation and provide any required support
- Establish a filling system for the project to ensure continuity of data/information
- Identify areas of collaboration and networking with other partners at district and district-levels for maiximum project impact
- Link the project to other projects within the organisation to contribute to the overall goals of the organisation
- In consultation with senior staff, represent PPAZ in key meetings and other relevant events at district and provincial levels
- Schedule and coordinate project stakeholders’ meetings at cluster, district and provincial levels; ensuring deliberations are properly documented and key outcomes shared with stakeholders a timely manner and action items/plans followed up
4. Budgeting and Planning:
- Work closely with relevant programmes and finance staff to prepare the annual project budget
- Ensure project expenditure is in line with PPAZ and donor financial regulations, guidelines and procedures
- Ensure high level of accountability for project funds; ensuring requests and retirement meet the most desired financial standards
- Work with staff finance to make fund requests to the donor
- Work closely with finance staff to analyse variances and initiate corrective actions to ensure effective and efficient implementation
- Work closely with the finance staff to maintain a healthy burn rate for the Project.
- Develop quarterly budget projections and fund requests for smooth implementation
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques, tools and methods
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both oral and written)
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any social Science or health related-discipline or any relevant field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a similar position
- Understanding of the delivery of health services in Zambia especially sexual reproductive health and rights services (SRH&R) is an added advantage
- Experience interfacing with and navigating government entities
- Preference will be given to those based in the target provinces and will demonstrate having worked in a similar position.
Method of Application
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and detailed CV to the address the below:
The Executive Director,
Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ),
4592/11 Nkanchibaya Road, Rhodespark,
PO Box 32221
Note: Please indicate your preferred duty station in the Subject line (i.e. Central or Western Province).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.