Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Senior Accountant -Taxation to join the versatile Commercial Services department.
Reporting to Taxation Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring that Barrick Lumwana group of Companies comply with their tax and commercial obligations and providing high quality tax and commercial input to the groups affairs.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Preparation and submission of monthly tax returns including mineral royalty,PAYE/SDL, VAT, withholding tax, Withholding VAT (WVAT) for all Zambian entities.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly provisional and annual company income tax (CIT) computations and tax returns for all the Zambian entities.
- Review of contracts with current and potential suppliers to provide advice on the tax implications and make recommendations where necessary to manage risk and minimize potential exposure to tax, penalties and interest.
- Preparation of monthly tax accruals and provisions for all Zambian entities.
- Reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts for all Zambian entities and assistance with tax audits
- Planning and presenting internal tax training to all relevant staff on Withholding Tax, Value Added Tax and any other tax matters affecting the business.
- Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends, legislative changes and relevant economic/fiscal changes in Zambia.
- Provide support in the identification, review and implementation of tax optimization opportunities.
- Providing support to the finance and supply chain teams in areas of tax compliance, reviewing certain key business transactions and ensuring that the relevant documentation is always maintained for tax purposes.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of tax systems/solutions.
- Identifying current and potential tax risks, advising the strategy against each risk and maintaining the risk tracker
- Preparation of EITI Zambia annual reports.
- Ensuring that the organisation’s tax policies, procedures and standards are implemented effectively and, in a manner, consistent with company’s best practice.
- Carrying out quarterly compliance review of all taxes.
- Supervising and providing support to the Tax Assistant.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZiCA or ZiCA professional taxation qualification.
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably in the mining sector.
- Sound understanding and experience of the principles and practice in accounting and contracts.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use ERP systems and Microsoft office applications
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd April 2020. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: