JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies.
Our success depends on people, we create an organizational culture based on working as one team and being accountable.
JTI Zambia seeks a collaborative, proactive and agile self-starter with the ability to work with a diverse team to join the Procurement department. The successful candidate should be analytical, able to re-prioritize and shift gears quickly and be comfortable in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Country Procurement Manager – Zambia:
- Assess and compile the needs for the user departments for IT related and Travel services required. Formulate procurement plans with user departments for easy tracking of procurement activities.
- Research potential vendors for IT and Travel goods and services required. Ensure competitive bidding by inviting various vendors to submit price proposals.
- Evaluate all bids in line with procurement guidelines, processes and procedures, obtain necessary approvals prior to awarding contracts. Ensure all bidding documents are filed accordingly.
- To work with legal to negotiate and agree global and local contracts for spend related to IT and Travel goods and services, that are a combination of quality, best cost and best service.
- Achieve a sustainable free cash flow through negotiation of payment terms
- In collaboration with user departments assess existing supplier base related to IT and Travel goods and services.
- Monitor suppliers are adhering to the specifications, terms of reference and statement of work.
- Engage with user departments on the progress of delivers and upload delivery reports in the system.
- Manage communication between suppliers and key stakeholders in case of vendors not complying with the standards of delivery and invoice channels.
- Advise on correct buying channels, complete and validate purchase requisitions in the system, create and change purchase orders, process advance requests, create and maintain vendor master data, maintain and create materials; in a timely manner.
- Support the team in ad hoc procurement activities in accordance with procurement plans.
Professional Experience / Requirements:
- Experience in procurement and purchasing management
- Effective time management skills to multi-task and provide timely feedback
- Strong customer service and relationship building abilities
- Experience working in global organization is desirable.
- Experience with leading multiple procurement projects simultaneously, with ability to self-start and independently drive progress.
- Must possess excellent communication, analytical, influential and negotiating skills.
- A results-oriented team player with a commitment to exceptional quality of work.
- Critical thinker able to address complex situations and issues.
- Ability to build strong trusted relationships inside and outside the company.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: