Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is recruiting experienced farm supervisor to supervise the successful running of mixed farms of crops and livestock – located in Mumena in Kalumbila district.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and directs the operations of general farming functions such as crop, livestock, or dairy herd management.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of farm employees and external labour.
- Maintains safe working practices.
- Knowledge about fish farming Agriculture.
- Ensures welfare of livestock and crop husbandry
- Ensures proper feed management for the livestock
- Ensures proper production performance through all seasons
- Ensures that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets
- Timely ordering of supplies, tools, and equipment necessary to the work
- Arranges the maintenance and repair of farm equipment and buildings
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Ability to detect and treat animal diseases.
- Ability to identify and control crop diseases.
- Ability to train, instruct, and supervise farm personnel.
- Ability to plan and direct farm operations.
- Knowledge about farming periods and crop adaptability
- Knowledge about fish farming Agriculture
- Knowledge about climate smart Agriculture in line with Global warming and climate change conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Financial control ability necessary for farm operations.
- Ability to use farm equipment and to make basic repairs.
- Thorough knowledge of safety precautions and occupational hazards of farming.
- Thorough knowledge of farm tools and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the general practices and procedures used in the various types of farming.
- Ability to identify potential markets for farm products.
- Should be a hands on type of Supervisor/Able to carry out manual duties
- Should have at least a Diploma /certificate in general agriculture farm management or similar from recognized institution.
- Should have worked in a similar position for at least 3 years.
- Should have demonstratable knowledge and skills of caring for livestock and crop husbandry.
Applications with detailed CVs and minimum 3 referees must be received: Should be ready to start work as soon as practicably possible
The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email as well as your preferred location.
Please indicate your current remuneration in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.