Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Duty Station: Lusaka Country Office
Role Purpose: The Project Officer-MEAL will support SIDA CSO partners on the Child Rights Governance Programmes and Child Protection. The incumbent will further consolidate and scale up Save the children work on research, capacity building and advocacy activities at both community, district, provincial and national level, to ensure accountability on the delivery of child rights by government and local stakeholders.
The incumbent will be reporting to Manager- Sida CSO Project with a dotted report to the MEAL Manager
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct site visits to assess project progress.
- Development of relevant data collection tools
- Oversee data collection, collation, storage, analysis and reporting
- Capacity building of partner staff in the use of SCI MEAL tools
- Facilitate timely partner reporting to SCI
- Implement accountability mechanisms at field level, such as complaints response mechanisms.
- Ensure that activities are carried out to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints in line with child safeguarding policy.
- Support Programme Manager to ensure that activities are carried out with participation from children and target communities.
- Tap into internal and external best practice in the MEAL sector and help to introduce this for the benefit of the country programme.
- Support capacity building of Implementing Partners in Result Based reporting of CRG and Child Protection interventions on the project.
- Support partner finance due diligence, assessments, vetting, selection processes and be part of the process of awarding sub grants/sub-contracts.
- Ensure compliance with all donor requirements.
- Scale up/sustain work on influencing local and national budgets, tracking expenditures and influencing resource mobilisation to invest in children.
- Documentation and Reporting
- Timely preparation and submission of programme reports (monthly, semi-annual, annual) to the donors.
- Review of Implementing Partner reports (narrative and financial) and providing feedback.
- Participate in documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Economics, Demography or Development Studies.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience with right-based issues; preferably children’s rights within civil society sector
- Strong knowledge of Children’s rights and governance.
- Demonstrated skills in the design of human rights projects
- Experience in proposal development
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives
- English language proficiency a must, local languages an added advantage
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
How to apply
To apply please click the apply now button.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.