Ecobank Zambia is a full service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required Human Capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area.
Country Head Consumer Banking:
Reporting to the Country Managing Director & Regional Head, Consumer Banking, the role will be responsible for overseeing and leading successfully the Consumer Banking business across the Country. This is made up of the customer sub segments – Premier, Advantage, Classic and Youth, Diaspora and Product lines: CASA, Banc Assurance, Cards products, Digital channels, Remittances and Assets Products.
This role is accountable for the Consumer Banking business overall performance and P&L.
Business and Financial performance:
- Lead in-country Consumer Banking strategic objectives implementation. Drive initiatives for growth, Identify and analyse business growth.
- Manage the process around market sizing, competitive analysis and scenario planning for the Business country wide
- Key objective is to develop a sustainable business capable of delivering superior return on equity, and above market profits, revenue and customer acquisition growth.
- Manage Consumer Banking sales/revenue and profitability momentum in the affiliate.
- Achieve lowest cost to serve (CIR) ratio and NPL ratio in the market
- Conduct regular Business performance and profitability reviews.
- Drive customer service excellence and ensure competitive solutions and products are consistently delivered to Consumer Banking clients.
- Establish and sustain a customer-centric business culture, leveraging on people and technology
- Ensure high customer satisfaction as measured and monitored through Customer feedback surveys
- Build best in class customer service
Leadership and People Management:
- Motivate and lead team to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process of target settings.
- Conduct regular People performance and productivity reviews and build healthy talent pipeline.
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment to enable direct reports and teams to achieve excellence through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Ensure an agile and efficient workforce with right skills to meet strategic objectives
Process, Control and Operational Performance:
- Promote high ethical and integrity standards, and establish a culture within the bank that establishes and demonstrates to all personnel the importance of controls
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness
- Ensure operational risk is well managed and losses are less than 1%
- Lead migration of customers to digital channels
- Ensure embedding of a strong strategy alignment compliance and execution culture and practice within Consumer Banking in the Bank.
- Lead strategic initiatives that will create business growth, position Consumer Banking as a premier Consumer Banking business in the country while increasing shareholders value.
- Champion cost management initiative within Consumer Banking business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 8 years in leadership role supervising a consumer/electronic banking based line of business and people in the banking industry.
- Sound business and people development performance record
- Strong knowledge of digital and e-Banking products and channels
- High level of national exposure and ability to negotiate with client organizations at a national decision-making level.
- FMCG or Telco type background and exposure will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Engineering or related field of study.
Skills, Capabilities & Personal Attributes:
- Strategic understanding of the Consumer banking business and good management skills.
- Ability to establish direction and drive execution
- Excellent at delivering and owning results
- Leadership and people development skills are required, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships both externally and internally, with peers, direct reports and customers.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, then send your application clearly stating the position you are applying for in your cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of your academic qualifications to the email below:
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.