Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Accounts Assistant on a short term contract to be based in Kabwe.
DAPP registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its headquarters in Ndola on the Copperbelt. The objective of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
DAPP seeks to build hope and to make disadvantaged people to stick together to fend for their families and communities. DAPP and the communities work in partnerships for health, water, sanitation and hygiene, child development, primary education, teacher training, human rights, economic empowerment, agriculture and environment through projects.
This position reports to the Accountant.
2. Job summary: To provide support on a daily basis by ensuring that all financial processes are adhered to and ensure compliance to internal policies and procedures as outlined in the DAPP ZAMFAM Procedures and Policies Manuals and also compliance to the Donor regulations.
- Ensure that all payments for each month are checked and entered in the accounting system on a timely basis.
- Liaise with the District Accounts teams to ensure that all close out documents e.g. Retirements, Time-sheets etc. are received by the 5th of every month.
- Assist in preparing all ZAMFAM HQ retirements for posting in the accounting system.
- Ensure that the retirements are checked and posted in the accounting system before the month end close out deadline of the 10th of the following month.
- Ensure that the ZAMFAM HQ Staff advance accounts are reconciled and submitted to the Accountant for review on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that documents are sequentially filed and in accordance with the DAPP ZAMFAM filling procedures.
- Ensure that all time-sheets are received and checked for completeness and accuracy, and update the time-sheet tracker to maintain a 100% submission record.
- Assist in reconciling the fuel usage for ZAMFAM HQ and ensure that the replenishment is accurate as per provided statement.
- Assist in Passing Journal Entries in the accounting system.
- Check petty cash and post as submitted by the District accounts team.
- Assist in preparing the Sub-grant activity cash book for the month.
- Assist in checking Sub-grant Monthly reports and entering in the accounting system once approved.
- Assist ZAMFAM HQ staff with checking activity budgets before payment.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by superiors.
4. Personal Attributes
- High integrity.
- Team player.
- Results oriented.
5. Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Diploma in Accountancy and / or Part 2 of a Professional qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA or ZICA.
- Paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- 3 years’ work experience in similar Capacity in a Non-Governmental Organisation.
6. Key skills required
- Working knowledge of Pastel Accounting Software or similar accounting packages.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and learn new systems.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours.
Applications with detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received through the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kabwe residents are particularly encouraged to apply.