In line with our corporate priorities aimed to ensure optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on the one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking highly motivated, result-oriented, qualified and adequately experienced professionals to fill the following vacancies in Zambia Revenue Authority.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager – Information Systems, the job holder will be responsible for perforrning fieldwork during audit, consultancy and investigation assignments that aim at providing the Governing Board and Commissioner General with assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, governance and internal controls in Zambia Revenue Authority.
- The main duties and accountabilities of this position include but not limited to the following:
- Assist and advise Internal Audit management on the formulation and review of audit policies, plans, practices, risk management process control, governance processes and general development of the audit framework
- Manage and control audit assignments embracing planning and control of audit work and reporting findings
- Conduct research aimed at identifying system deficiencies and recommending the best corrective measures
- Prepare formal audit reports highlighting all pertinent observations, findings, evaluations and recommendations on proposed and existing processes, procedures and information systems
- Perform risk assessments on key business activities and recommend the most appropriate risk management strategies as well as monitor the identified risks.
- Provide support and guidance to line management on the most appropriate ways of managing IT and Operational risks
- Develop scripts for data extraction and analysis
- Provide capacity building to Internal Audit Department staff on data analytics
- Grade 12 School Certificate or General Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- A University Degree with a bias in Information Technology/Computer Science/Data Analytics or any related field.
- Relevant professional qualification such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), CISM, CIA, CFE, CIA
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Strong Data mining, analytical and programming skills.
- Skill in working with data warehouses and business intelligence tools;
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of developing statistical models and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Excellent Communication, presentation and Interpersonal skills
Interested candidates who meet the above role specifications and job competencies should apply attaching their cover letter, detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to the Director – Human Resource, Zambia Revenue Authority, Lusaka and submitted electronically to the email below:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.