In line with our corporate priorities aimed to ensure optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on the one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking highly motivated, result-oriented, qualified and adequately experienced professionals to fill the following vacancies in Zambia Revenue Authority.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director – Buildings and Projects, the jobholder will be responsible for the preparation of tenders and contracts, works specifications and documentation as well as financial and contract administration of both external and internal projects to ensure that they are completed on time and within the approved budget.
- Prepares bills of quantities for projects both maintenance and new works
- Carries out pre and post contract cost controls on projects.
- Participates in the preparation of departmental and divisional budgets and assists the Projects Manager in ensuring that these are managed within the set limits.
- Responsible for preparation and Management of Tenders for Projects.
- Responsible for the contract administration of Maintenance and Civil Engineering Projects.
- Liaise with consultants for projects being supervised by commissioned consultants.
- Makes recommendations for payments to contractors and review application for payment from Consultants e.g. Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Engineers etc.
- Regularly audits on-going projects and presents updated financial statement
- Carries out condition surveys of ZRA buildings infrastructure and produces dilapidation schedules for maintenance purposes.
- Provides technical knowledge and guidance to contractors on interim claim for payments.
- Ensures compliance to all building and safety statutory requirement by all contractors.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education or Equivalent
- University degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Registration to a relevant professional body, Registered Quantity Surveyor, Full Member of the Surveyors Institute of Zambia.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Planning and organization skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Interested candidates who meet the above role specifications and job competencies should apply attaching their cover letter, detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to the Director – Human Resource, Zambia Revenue Authority, Lusaka and submitted electronically to the email below:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.